Thursday, November 16, 2017

Amazing Red Dress Photo + Wrote My Appeal Letter + Hess + " '71"

Okay, Elizabeth - that is one of your best ever Red Dress shots. The turbulence in the water can be felt, and the way in which you are positioned with your arms swept back, it is like you are the River Goddess, commanding the flow, or maybe standing against it, standing in it's way in defiance.  :)

I am the official Interpreter of The Red Dress Photographic Series! Because there is more than meets the eye in these spectacular pictures. This particular photo from Presque Isle shares a color scheme with your Red Dress Photo inside the black volcanic cave in Iceland. The Red and The Black! In both instances, the Black is broken up in texture (chipped cave walls, turbulent water) but the Red always flows smoothly and with grace.

I am telling you, Elizabeth, you have really got something here. To have captured yourself in the Iconic Dress in so many different environments, and in a country halfway around the world, well.......it may take a little while for what you have accomplished to settle in. But as an observer I can tell you that it is quite an accomplishment, not only because of the environments and locations, but Because The Photos Are Truly Spectacular.

So, even though you already know that, I just wanted you to know that I know it, too.  :):)

The old saying applies : "Goodbye, Mr. Spalding". You can Google it for confirmation, but it means a Home Run, in this case knocked clean out of the park.  :)

I accomplished something of my own this morn. Here at Pearl's, I sat down at the kitchen table just before Noon and wrote my appeal letter to the CIA. It took me just short of three hours. I wanted to be very precise with my message, and most importantly I wanted to write in complete thoughts and sentences, something that - believe it or not - I am actually capable of, haha. Here at the blog, written late at night and usually with lighthearted intent, I can tend to wander and I know I sometimes leave a thought or paragraph unfulfilled or unclarified, while I jump to the next thought.

For my appeal, I knew I had to knuckle down and present a brief, cohesive and clearly stated argument, which I believe I did, given the high level of strangeness of a situation (1989) that it took me 800 pages of text to fully describe on Myspace in 2006-2007. My letter was five and a half pages. I made a copy of it at Northrige Libe and then mailed the original handwritten letter at the Northridge Post Office this evening. It takes a lot of effort for me to write a lengthy letter because I print every word. I write in capital letters. I have done so probably since high school, because my cursive is only so-so but my printing is, if I may say so, superb. It is highly legible, and so I have always printed my written words, in all caps, ever since I can remember, or at least since high school. And writing in printed caps takes a while......especially when one is carefully considering one's words and sentences.

But now that my appeal letter has been mailed, I feel a Great Weight has been lifted from me. I put down on paper what I wanted to say, got it out of my system (and I was very polite and precise), and now I will await the Agency's response with faith, hope and crossed fingers.

Hey SB! - Here's something to consider : How many ladies do I know who go around the world taking amazing iconic photos?, and how many guys do you know who write letters to the CIA?

Pretty cool, unique and weird, all in one!

My letter took up most of my day, so no hike. I did finish Dr. Farrell's book "Hess And The Penguins", however - I pounded the book in seven days - and what a mindboggling and ultimately tragic story it is. I haven't the time tonight to go into detail, but if the story is true, and the evidence suggests that it is, Rudolf Hess, Nazi though he was, made his famous flight to England in 1941 in order to carry out a plot to overthrow Hitler and thus prevent the Holocaust. On the British side, there was a quid-pro-quo to overthrow Churchill, who was a warmonger himself. There is evidence to further suggest that the Holocaust was planned as far back as 1911, thirty years in advance.

My own experience in life has lead me to read about the horrors of this world, and in reading about them for the past thirty or so years, I have discovered that in most cases the official truth is not the truth, as I have mentioned many times. People in power have gone to lengths the public would never suspect to maintain their power, and they have been able to do so because - truth be told - they are generally much more sophisticated than the general public, and have methods and techniques that most citizens might not be able to comprehend, much less imagine.

But I can imagine and comprehend anything, and I though I was once naive, I cannot be fooled anymore, by anyone, which is why I read what I read, study what I study, and do what I do. The truth is important; it's as simple as that.

Finally, I watched a tremendous movie this evening, called " '71", as in "1971", a year in which the so-called "Troubles" in Northern Ireland were at their peak. In the movie, a British production, English soldiers are dispatched to Belfast in order to quell tensions between neighboring Catholics and Protestants in an impoverished district. As the soldiers take to the streets, a public riot ensues and all Hell breaks loose in short order. A soldier is murdered by young members of the IRA, and his partner has to run for his life. This is the story of the film : the English soldier's escape through the nighttime streets of Befast, with dangers around every corner.

The movie plays as a thriller, but with political overtones. I was an adolescent when the Irish Troubles took place, and only recall news articles about IRA bombings and other altercations. As a child of the 60s, I had an awareness of politics, war and terrorism from early on, but being a music fan I never paid attention to the details of those things. As a young adult I absorbed more, but I never understood what the problem was in Ireland, which was prominent in the news in the 70s and 80s.

This movie shows what it must have been like, in a war zone with citizen terrorists fighting one another, in which the innocent cannot be discerned from the participants.

As a pure thriller, " '71" is a 10. They don't get any better than this, for this type of style. The movie just starts, from the get go, and then you are in the thick of it, in terror-stricken Belfast. I don't know much about it as I said, but I can't believe it was really about Protestants against Catholics. Not in the modern era. I believe, with what little I know, that the fighting was likely about economics, and the Irish wanting England out of Ireland. At first, though, the fighting began between Irish factions alone - Catholics vs. Protestants, like street gangs - and the English soldiers were brought in to maintain peace.

So go figure. All I know is that " '71" was one heck of a movie, and I give it my very highest recommendation. It's a Ten Plus on every level.

That's all I know for tonight. See you in the morning.  :):)   

No comments:

Post a Comment