Sunday, November 19, 2017

Saturday Night Odds & Ends

Happy Late Night. I'm afraid I haven't got much to report once again - no movie review either - but I did have a nice hike out at Santa Susana in gorgeous 75 degree weather. Not too shab for mid-November, and they say it's gonna go back up to 90 next week. That, of course, makes me happy. Just gimme Eternal Summer and be done with it, haha.  :)

The sky above the mountains was filling with clouds and contrails (chemtrails?), so that made for some Dramatic Ad-Style Photo Opportunities, the Ad In Question being me. So I took a bunch of pix. I can't resist the Sky As Canvas, even though I am not The Painter.

Elizabeth, I guess you are busy of late, but I saw a photo of a church and wedding on your FB homepage, and I have to say once again that it is a fantastic photograph. You managed to get the top and bottom of the interior in the frame, showing all that detail, and yet the point-of-view still directs the viewer's eye toward the wedding couple at the end of the aisle. It's all in the pointing of the camera, as you know, and when you point it - make little tilting adjustments until You Know You've Got What You Want.

Now why am I telling you that? You, who have become expert at framing a shot, and then setting a mark to place yourself in, and then hitting that mark while your camera is left behind on it's tripod, waiting for your trigger.

My goodness, woman.

So I guess I don't know why I tell you that, except to simply discuss the art of Camera Tilting, as it were.  :)

Tomorrow morning we have an easy song in church, "I Will Bless The Lord", sung in Gospel style so you can let loose and belt it. We have more complex stuff coming up, but once in a while it's nice to have a simple one.

Starting tomorrow afternoon at about 2pm, I will be off work until next Saturday, so that will be a nice break. I'm just gonna do a lot of chillin', mostly, and try to re-(Alice) Coop(er) my energy, because I have just finished a 110 day stretch with only three days off. Taking it easy is in order, then, with Big Time Sleep-Ins coming up, and lots of music listening, reading, drawing, guitar playing, and thinkin' about stuff. I am hoping to get a response about my Appeal Letter before Christmas.

I've been watching some Three Dog Night videos on Youtube, so I am gonna post one now and then sign off. Boy can that Chuck Negron sing.

See you in the morn. Go Rams.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment