Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Thanks + Small White Bischon

Happy Thanksgiving once again. Elizabeth, if you are reading I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family. I was at Pearl's, as has been our two-family tradition for many years now. Her daughter Helen always comes down for the holiday, which is why I am off for a few days, and she does all the cooking as well. My sister Vickie came over along with her husband Nico and son Andrew, and everybody had a great time, I think, with a lot of good food and conversation, and wine.  :)

And more food and wine, and conversation. And football for the guys. And a few minutes of whatever the Dog Show was, that they were showing. Was it the Westminster Dog Show? I don't know, because I can't keep track of all these things. I only know for sure that the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit always play home games on Thanksgiving, but there was a Dog Show on TV, and we did watch a little bit of it.

And that's a bit of a lead-in to mention that of course I suggested A Toast To The Kobedog. This was our first Thanksgiving without him, and without him sneaking back to the kitchen to swipe a partially eaten turkey leg out of the garbage.

And then, more importantly, Sneaking Away With It, back towards the living room, assuming with confidence that no one has seen him. Walking step by step, verrry slowwly, turkey leg clenched in Dog Jaw, back to the safety of his bed where he can devour the remains in peace, as the Ferocious Beast he is.....or was.

Or still is.

He was a Small White Bischon who was actually, in fact, King Of The Jungle. That was a well known fact about him. He had other incarnations, and other names such as The Doberman Pinscher, as you know. He was a Multifaceted Dog, and he lived to be 120 in Dog Years So, a Thanksgiving Tribute to Kobi was in order, and he was toasted all around.

No movie was watched tonight. A CSUN walk was in order when I got home, and the fact that it could be taken in a t-shirt was yet another thing to be thankful for. We are having a late Summer that didn't really arrive until September and is now finishing up at the end of November.

If I were to list all of the things I am thankful for, it would take me all night, and even then I would forget a thing or two, because - like you no doubt - I love life so much, and every day I look around at everything I can see, and hear, and think about, and I just think : Thank YOU.

And I know you think the same.

That goes for You, and the General You, and the great YOU, too.

Thanks, and Love, Love, Love.

See you in the morn.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment