Wednesday, November 8, 2017

SB + Sleepy + Presidential Executive Order 13526

Hey Elizabeth, did you go see the Foo Fighters tonight? I ask because I saw a post about that under "posts You like". I don't know if it meant that you yourself were gonna go to the show, but if you did go I hope you had a blast. And if you didn't go, I hope you had a nice day anyway.  :)

I am looking forward to seeing some more concert photos soon, too. I'll bet you are more than ready to shoot some shows...  :)

I am a bit sleepy tonight, probably due to the time change, the night coming on now at 5pm. Phooey on that, I say! Does anybody besides me still say "phooey" anymore? If not, they should. The World could use a few more "phooey" sayers, maybe now more than ever. For reference, "phooey" (which I got from my Dad) is probably a decade or three after "humbug", which only Ebeneezer Scrooge ever said. But they mean the same thing : i.e. that "such-and-such sucks". Therefore, to reiterate, the time change sucks and makes me sleepy......and likely a bit nuttier than usual.

No movie tonight, but I did watch a very good episode of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea", in which the captain and crew of the Seaview (the world's most advanced submarine) are tasked to disarm a Soviet nuke that has landed by accident in the Pacific Ocean, near San Francisco. Hijinx do not apply in this case, as the show is very tense, with a lot of Cold War interplay. Thank goodness the Soviet Union was eventually dissolved, and Russia went back to being historically Russia, and is now our Ally - so much so that they nowadays help to elect our President. Pretty cool, right? Thanks, Russia!

Like I said, I'm a bit sleepy.  ;)

So, with only a slight amount of Fanfare, let us examine - just briefly tonight but more in depth as the blogs continue - something called "The Presidential Executive Order 13526". The subheading for this Presidential Executive Order is "Classified National Security Information".

If you do not know what a Presidential Executive Order is, you can Google it, but I imagine you can get the idea without doing so.

At any rate, Presidential Orders, like any government document, contain a fair amount of information, and not only that, but information that is written down in precise legal language. If you have ever heard the phrase "to the letter of the law", in reference to a legal precedent, or a sentence handed down, or some piece of legislature, then you may have an idea that the phrase means exactly what it says, that "the law" is written with Extreme Precision, right down to each and every letter.

With that in mind, let us now visit a section of Presidential Executive Order 13526, in this case, Section 3.6 (a). Keep in mind that the Order deals with Classified National Security Information.

Section 3.6 (a) states : "An agency may refuse to confirm or deny the existence or nonexistence of requested records whenever the fact of their existence or nonexistence is itself classified under this order or it's predecessors".

The bold italic emphasis is mine, of course. The "requested records" in the sentence above this one refer to records requested under the Freedom Of Information Act.

I remind you that Presidential Executive Order 13526 (signed by President Barack Obama on December 29, 2009), is subtitled "Classified National Security Information".

I invite anyone who is interested to read the entire text of Presidential Executive Order 13526.

We will continue with a further examination of this and other relevant government documents in blogs to come.

See you in the morn.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment