Monday, February 26, 2018

Good Singing + "Twin Peaks" Part Three + 1989: How Did "X" Return To Work After Being Assaulted?

I am writing tonight from Pearl's, back at work again. I was also back in church after having missed last week due to illness, and it was great to sing again for the first time in three weeks because we had the Scout Sunday a couple weeks ago where there was no singing either. But as I drive around, which I do a lot in the course of my job, I have been listening to K-Surf (1260AM), our local L.A. Oldies Station. They play nothing but '60s Pop - an era when every song on the radio was great - and I know all of those songs, so I sing along in the car and it helps to develop my voice. If you notice on FB that I've been occasionally posting songs by The Turtles or The Young Rascals or The Byrds, that's why : because I've been listening to their songs on the radio. As far as 1960s Pop is concerned, it is far and away the greatest period of Pop Music and Top 40 Radio, and I know and love almost every song from that era.

So let's form a Singing Group! Who wants to sing with me? It will be a blast, and we can do great harmonies like The Mamas and The Papas, only we won't be as demented! :)

My first two Pop Influences (or Rock if you prefer) were The Beatles and The Supremes, because those were the two groups my sisters played. And so I heard John singing with Paul, and George too, with the great Beatle harmonies and lead singing, and then on the Supremes side - well, they had Diana Ross. As far as I am concerned, when she was in The Supremes, Diana Ross was the greatest female Pop singer of them all. So at 4 years of age, I was hearing a lot of great singing. It took fifty years for me to try it myself, and if it weren't for Dr. Kwon, who was the choir director when I joined (because she made me join, lol) I'd have never known how much fun it is to sing.

So a Singing Group is in my future, and You are gonna join me! :)

You, being both The General You and The More Specific You - all of you love to sing. You just don't know it yet. But three years and three months down the road, you will be itchin' to sing, and you will be glad I made you join the group. :)

Tonight I did not watch a movie, because I was Sunday Night tired and you know how that goes. I wanted to save my third Autant-Lara dvd for tomorrow night or Tuesday night, when I will be fully rested. But I did watch a "Twin Peaks"! It was "Part Three", or the Third Episode, whatever you want to call it, but : There is not a chance in Hell that I will try to describe this episode to you, because it is Pure Surrealism. It is a series of  very unusual sequences that may fit together in a cosmic way if David Lynch intends, but it does not fall on me to attempt an interpretation.

Just watch it, if you haven't already. It's good to Get Weird. :)

I am Sunday Night Tired, as mentioned above, but I need to find a detail in the 1989 scenario to latch onto and pick apart. I have started to write about it again, and I am still waiting for an answer from the CIA to my FOIA Appeal, so I can't just ditch the effort I have made thus far. It's like trying to lift the world on my shoulders - it's very hard, because I've had no help - but I have to keep trying.

Tonight I only have a tidbit, and it might not lead anywhere, but it involves a question that has intrigued me for many years. The question involves "X".

"X" was directly involved in the initial incident at Concord Square. During the mayhem that followed, at Northridge Hospital, "X" was subject to a violent assault by Howard Schaller. I was standing right next to "X", so I witnessed it. I even tried to prevent it. But what ended up happening was that "X" passed out on the asphalt of the Northridge Hospital parking lot.

This is a Truth that "X" and Anne may not want to think about, but not wanting to think about The Truth does not make The Truth any less True. I was there. I saw "X" pass out. I saw an ambulance arrive, and I saw paramedics administer oxygen to "X".

"X" was unconscious, and in bad shape after being assaulted by the linebacker-sized Howard Schaller. He did not beat her up, per se, but he did hit her with a hard slap, and he did pull a chain off her neck, and mostly he intimidated her with the powerful male physical force of a very large and muscular man, and - far worse - with the sheer terror of human rage. That is what Howard Schaller did to "X".

I was standing right next to both of them, though I was in a state of shock, having been brought to the hospital to begin with by Anne, in order to have me checked out for the stun gun shock I had suffered an hour or so earlier.

It all sounds nuts, but it all happened.

I have spent the better part of the last 25 years trying to figure out what happened to me, but I have never understood what happened to "X", either.

My question tonight, then, involves the injury "X" suffered that night, when she passed out and needed oxygen after being assaulted by Howard Schaller in the Northridge Hospital parking lot. From what I remember, "X" was taken away on a stretcher.

No joke.

"X" was taken away, with an oxygen mask on, and put into an ambulance. I am not ultra-clear on the memory, but I am clear enough to be sure of the part I have just described.

"X" was out cold, unconscious, the victim of a violent assault. And "X" was taken away, likely to a hospital. If not Northridge, right there on the spot, then another hospital nearby. Or maybe "X" was treated on the scene in the paramedics' wagon, as I was earlier in the evening at Concord Square.

The bottom line is that "X" was knocked out cold. "X" had suffered a terrible shock, both physically and psychologically.

But the other thing is that "X" had only recently begun a new job, in the music industry. "X" had begun the job about two months earlier, in July 1989.

"X" was new to the job, in other words, and though "X" was professional and good at the job from the start, there is still something I have never been able to understand.

How did "X" explain to her new employer what had happened to her? Or was an explanation needed?

I would imagine that "X" would have had to have missed at least a few days of work. "X" was assaulted on Friday September 1st, 1989. That was the Friday of Labor Day weekend, so she would have had until the following Tuesday to recover, and I believe she could have recovered physically by that time, in order to return to work.

But what about her psychological recovery?

Did "X" just show up at work on Tuesday September 5th, recovered from the physical aspects of Schaller's assault, but in no way recovered from the psychological and emotional aspects?

Because there is no way that "X" could simply have returned to work in her music industry job, with it's high level of responsibility, four days after getting slapped around by a raging monster, and four days after passing out unconscious due to the same scenario. Four days after being taken away in an ambulance.

So - what happened that night, to "X"? What happened after she was taken away, on oxygen, in an ambulance?

Did she return to work on Tuesday September 5th? If so, what did she say to her co-workers? Anything?

I submit that there was no way in Hell that "X" could have returned to work so soon. No freaking way. The events of September 1989 were only just beginning, and far worse was yet to come, certainly for me at least. So there is absolutely no way that "X" just went back to her job, la-de-dah, as if nothing had happened.

So the final question then becomes, if "X" did indeed miss some work, or even experienced "missing time" as I did, then what the hell happened when she did return to work, to her new job with it's high responsibility?

Did the boss want to know, "where were you"? Did her co-workers say, "what happened"?

Did "X" return to work and tell her story? "I was mugged by a psycho after such-and-such happened on Labor Day weekend"?

If "X" returned to work, how did she explain her absence?

Or was it all taken care of?

That is the question for tonight.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 

No comments:

Post a Comment