Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day + A Bischon Won Westminster + 1989 : My Friend Shot Me With A Starter Pistol

Happy Valentine's Day Late Night. I get a bit melancholy on V-Day, for obvious reasons, but I believe in love and I hope that everyone out there who does have a Valentine had a wonderful day. Maybe one of these years I will be so fortunate. I sure don't wanna be all alone for the rest of my life.

Well anyway, one cool thing that I saw - and I may have already mentioned it - was that a Bischon won the top prize at the annual Westminster Dog Show. Did I already report this? If I did, it's worth repeating, because when I saw that on the news, you know I immediately thought of The Doberman Pinscher. I don't closely follow the dog shows, but I am usually aware of the winners as they are announced to the world, and I can't recall a Bischon Frise being named Top Dog in any recent contest going back at least ten years.

I am always thinking of Things Spiritual, and I just thought, when I heard about the Westminster winner, "The Kobedog did it". They picked a Bischon in honor of The Pinsch. He was not an Ultra Blow Dried Bischon himself, and when he did get groomed and was All Puffed Out like a cottonball, it only took a couple of days for him to return to his standard attire of curly haired regular dogness. The 'Ster liked the backyard, and he wasn't afraid to get dirty.

But I know he did it. Now that he is upstairs, he surely influenced the choice of Flynn, the Bischon that won the Westminster prize. Kobi would have picked himself as the winner, except that he can't be in two places at once.  :)

No movie to review today. Man, I know I am slackin', but the trouble is that I have seen so many movies that I am having a hard time finding new ones in my library searches. I have to admit that about 85% of new movies do not interest me, so that leaves just a handful of new ones, and an increasing paucity of older movies that I have not seen and must discover. I will find more, however. You know me, a very determined person. :)

I did watch a "Kolchak : The Night Stalker" episode, called "The Vampire", the title of which makes my job easy because I don't have to tell you what it was about, haha. The main attraction of the series is not the monsters anyway, but Darren McGavin as "Kolchak". He is a crime reporter with an instinct for the supernatural, and his determination to solve his cases is very inspiring to say the least.

I will briefly touch on an aspect of 1989 that I want to explore next, and in fact I may be able to say a lot of what I want to say about it just in a brief description, but we'll see. This aspect was part of the weirdest and most inexplicable event of the entire 1989 Happening, an event I call "The Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors", in which - one afternoon in the middle of the 12 day horror - three men who had formerly lived on Rathburn Avenue with their families, appeared suddenly to attack my parents on the front lawn of our house at 9032 Avenue in Northridge. Two of those men had, like the Evil Jared Rappaport, been CSUN Professors, and all three men and their families had moved away from Rathburn at least a dozen years prior to 1989. And, as far as I know, not one of them had ever had any connection to my Mom and Dad, except that all the kids knew each other.

"The Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors" is a very real event. It can be described in as much detail as I remember it, which is a fair amount. But the reason for it's occurrence is something I have yet to make any sense of. At some point, we will try to break into it via logic, but not tonight.

The minor aspect I did want to mention took place during the same event. I cannot remember if it happened before the ex-neighbors showed up to assault my folks, or if it happened afterwards, but it definitely happened.

All of this took place during a single afternoon, sometime between September 1st and September 12th, 1989.

Setting aside for now the Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors, the aspect I want to focus on will be an appearance by a longtime friend of mine on that same afternoon. The "Attack" took place on the front lawn of our house.

"D", my longtime friend, drove up in his car shortly thereafter.

Now how weird is this? "D" got out of his car. I was still on the sidewalk, after experiencing the assault on my folks. I don't know where they were at this time, maybe ten to fifteen minutes after the whole thing began. But "D" drove up, got out of his car, and walked up to me.

I was in a 100,000% state of shock, because I had been under assault myself from many sources, for several days running. As I have said, it is a wonder I am alive. And as an aside, if I were to "talk" all of this, meaning tell the entire story orally, I could do it in full detail and with great clarity, and I think that a listener who was interested in this story would be able to follow along very easily. There is so much detail in the story, and so much explanation that needs to be done concerning much of the detail, that it would be much easier to tell the story in person to an audience. To type it is a far slower process, in which a lot of precise detail is lost due to the fact that my fingers cannot type as fast as I can think.

But anyhow, out of a Clear Blue Sky, my friend "D" drove up to the curb of 9032 Rathburn on the afternoon in question, right after the violent assault by our ex-neighbors.

He got out of his car and he approached me. I was standing on the corner of Rathburn and Sunburst, where our house was located (and as always, please Google for Street View, 9032 Rathburn).

My friend "D", who was also involved in drug dealing, had a gym bag he was carrying. He opened it and pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

He also pulled out a gun.

Thank God it was only a starter pistol, a gun that fires blanks.

My friend "D", who I had known since 1971 when I was 11 years old, said to me on the street corner, "Sorry I have to do this, but they are gonna kill me if I don't". He gave no explanation of what he meant by that statement.

He then instructed me to get down on my knees. He instructed me to put my hands behind my back. Then he put the handcuffs on me.

Then he explained about the starter pistol : it wasn't a real gun.

"Just go along with it", he told me.

I was in an absolute state of shock from days of being assaulted/kidnapped/etc., and so I did exactly as "D" told me. I went down to my knees and passively allowed him to place his handcuffs on me, arms behind my back. Then I knelt stock still, scared out of my wits yet again, while he explained about the "fake" gun, which looked real to me. "It won't hurt", he said.

Then he put the gun to the back of my head and pulled the trigger, as I knelt there on the corner of the sidewalk in front of my house.

I remember a loud "pop", or a bang!

"D" was right, more or less. His shooting me in the back of my head with a starter pistol did not really hurt too much, although the whole situation he created scared me half to death, and in my book - in which I was describing my initial memories that had returned by 1997 - I described his "shot" as causing a small bloody spot on the back of my head.

No lasting physical damage was had, thank God, but I was terrified, this time by a friend.

We will further examine this situation in more depth in the coming days. Tomorrow I have the CSUN movie, but perhaps I will abbreviate my review to get back to this story. We shall see.

Meanwhile, I will see you in the morning. Until then.......love, love, love and more love.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment