Tuesday, March 20, 2018

"Twin Peaks" with Grim + "The Franklin Cover-Up" (not for the squeamish)

Grim came over tonight to watch Episode 4 of "Twin Peaks, so that precluded any movie watching. Episode 4, which as you know I already watched two weeks ago, has no violence in it and is the most benign of any of the eps I've seen so far, so Grimsley reacted favorably to it. He was talkative following the show, discussing scenes, etc., as opposed to the first three eps when he walked out in silence. Grim likes Weird, but I don't think he likes Shocking, and I know for certain he doesn't like anything that is explicitly violent. I can't say that I do, either, but I am more hard core than Grim. If a genius like Lynch uses a handful of scenes to depict something horrible in the context of his story, I will tough it out.

Grim will not though, and I will be surprised if he makes it past Episode 6, which I have already seen and reported on just a few days ago.

It's funny because back in the mid-70s, when my friends and I were teenagers and Grim was about 23 (he is seven years older than me), he would drive us to see the now-sort-of-but-not-too-classic "B" Grade horror films like "The Toolbox Murders" or "Don't Answer The Phone", or - worst of all - "Don't Go In The House". As an aside, I recommend that you "Don't Go" to "Don't Go In The House".

But in those days, we did go. We saw every cheap-but-realistic horror flick that hit the theaters, and very often it was Grimsley who drove us. I always had a jaundiced eye for these movies and was able to suspend my disbelief as one must do. I saw them as thrill rides, like roller coasters, an update on classic horror of the 30s and 40s, modern monster movies if you will and even if you won't. Simply put, I just plain liked Horror Movies and I still do, except that now most of them aren't any good because there is no story or atmosphere and only the gore is emphasized. On that point - the use of gratuitous violence - I agree with Grim. But I am still harder core than he is and can sit through some extreme stuff and not flinch. I am a homicide detective; Grim is a hippie. I have no idea why he went with us to "The Toolbox Murders" 40 years ago.

Since I am writing in this vein tonight, I might as well mention that I have just begun a book called "The Franklin Cover-Up" by Nick Bryant. I discovered it through an Amazon recommendation, and when I saw that it was published by Trine Day, a small publisher that releases a lot of excellent and revealing material, I decided to give it a try. I found it in a library search, which once again goes to show that Freedom Of The Press is alive and well in America, which I say because the subject matter of this book is not for the squeamish : child abuse and pandering. Pedophilia rings. The story begins in Omaha, Nebraska in the 1980s, and though I am only 100 pages into the 500 page book, the author proposes in the introduction that this ring reaches far beyond Omaha to Washington DC, and to the highest level of power.

You might ask, why would I read such a book? The subject matter is horrific. I vaguely remember hearing about it at the time, a scandal in Nebraska involving a Savings & Loan, and the man who ran it, who embezzled tens of millions of dollars from it's revenues, through scams. This same man, one Larry King (not the TV interviewer) was also alleged by several youths to have been at the head of the ring in question. Mr. King, a multi-millionaire, was ultimately busted on financial charges, but all charges of child sexual abuse were dropped. The question the book asks, is "why"?

Why were those charges dropped, when multiple young women were giving similar accounts to the FBI and Nebraska State Police?

Apparently - and again I am only 100 pages in - but apparently the charges were dropped because they reached too high. The accused high roller Larry King had friends in DC, and so the testimony of the young people in Nebraska was quashed, and people who kept talking were threatened by anonymous phone callers.

You can Google "Larry King" and "Franklin" if you wish to go deeper into the details. The sexual aspect of the story was deemed a fraud in court. But in the book, though it is not very well written, a lot of details are brought to light that show, pretty much for certain I believe, that these young people were telling the truth. Nowdays, in the Harvey Weinstein era, we believe every story of abuse, because we figure "why would these women lie about such a horrible subject, a subject that puts them in the spotlight too".

But back in the 1980s, in Nebraska, it was not Hollywood women who were telling Me Too stories, but young black women who had been children when they were used as sex slaves by this ring of monsters led by Larry King. Their social workers believed their stories, which were consistent with one another, but nothing was done because the Nebraska State Police and FBI shut them down, because the child molestation led to higher levels, and all the way to Washington DC.

The book is not well written. A more skilled journalist could have done a better job. But the story is still presented, and it is very believable.

Why would I read such a book, with such a sordid, horrible story?

Because it is part of my research into my own case, that's why.

I am not a victim of child abuse or molestation, but I was a victim of a psychotic sexual pervert - Mr. Rappaport - who seemed to be part of a ring, perhaps centered around our neighborhood and/or involving other CSUN professors, and very possibly people higher up. Keep in mind that I was rescued by Federal Agents, headed up by BC.

I have no choice but to be hard core in my reading and in my research. As I have said many times, somebody has got to step up to the plate. I have tried to do so in my small way. I have written to the FBI, I have written to the CIA. I have sought answers.

We are now in a situation in our country where the Russians are blackmailing our so-called "President" over a sex tape he is said to appear in, but other stories about him are far worse.

There are people at high levels of our society who are not just "bad" or guilty of misbehavior, but who are downright Evil. Evil is no joke. It's not an adjective or merely a cliche to describe very bad criminals. Evil is a force that some people believe in and seek to usurp for themselves, and in doing so they become much different than you and I, and they do things that are beyond the pale of anything even most criminals would consider.

People who are possessed by Evil are also people who are extremely driven by their desires. That is why they often wind up in positions of power, because of that insane drive.

That insane drive sometimes includes horrific depravity.

I have seen it, and been a victim of it, and I've seen it covered up.

That's why I read about it in books like "The Franklin Cover-Up". I can't do anything about that case, because I have no power, but by reading about it I can hope to gain some more knowledge about the extent of the corruption and depravity that has been covered up in America for years and years.

It is important to know how organised it is, and how it is able to be covered up, when you would think that such people would be the first to be prosecuted in all of the annals of American jurisprudence.

Their secret is in their method of organisation, and the use of blackmail, and the fact that some of these bad guys reach all the way to the top.

That's all I know for tonight. Sorry about the subject matter, but I wanted to tell you about the book. You can Google it if you want to.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment