Sunday, March 4, 2018

"Twin Peaks" with Grimsley + "Forbidden Archaeology" + Go Back One Thousand Grandpas

No movie tonight. Instead, Grimsley came over and I showed him the first two episodes of "Twin Peaks". Watching by myself, I am already up to Episode 3 and will watch #4 Monday night, so with Grim I am backtracking. It helped me to understand what is going on a little better, because the show is so weird, but I imagine I will wind up forging ahead on my own because I don't think Grimsley liked it too much. His reaction when it was over was silence. David Lynch will do that to ya.

Another cold and rainy one today. I did manage to get all my miles in, between downpours, but I haven't been on a hike since last Saturday at Towsley Canyon, so I am jonesin' to get back out there. I'll tell you what I want to do : I wanna go fossil hunting!

Yep. And it's because I am reading a book called "Forbidden Archaeology". I bought this book several years ago, and prematurely listed it on my FB page of "books I've read", and I did start to read it when I bought it back in 2015 or so, but it was 900 pages long and written in an academic style, almost like a textbook, and so I only made it through about 60 pages before throwing in the towel and moving on to other fare. I always have a lot of books in the queue of subjects I am interested in. I knew, though, that I would return to "Forbidden Archaeology" eventually, and early 2018 provided the perfect opportunity, because for the time being I am fresh out of books about JFK, the CIA, 9/11, OKC, RFK, WW2, and all the other tons of stuff I usually read about in my search for truth.

I was just plum outta stories, and so the time had come to revisit "Forbidden Archaeology" and dig up some very old bones with authors Michael Cremo and Richard Thompson. It's still fairly "dry reading", but I am already up to page 80 after just a couple of days, and this time I am sticking with it to the end, because the subject matter is fascinating.

The book is all about the documented recovery of fossils, from archaeological digs dating back to the 1800s (when such excavations were in their heyday), that strongly suggest the presence of homo sapiens (modern man) here on Earth as far back as 55 million years ago. If you remember any of your anthropology lessons from high school (which I don't recall if it was taught in history class, or what), but anyhow, if you remember those lessons, where they taught us about Australopithecus, Homo Erectus and up through Cro-Magnon man (of whom the last few in existence went on to form The Cro-Mags punk band in the early 1980s), you will probably recall that we were taught that Homo Sapiens did not enter the scene until about 100,000 years ago. That would only be A Thousand Grandpas on your family tree, if every Grandpa lived to be 100.

If that were true, it would truly be weird, and here's why :

Because it would mean that, once you got past those Thousand Grandpas on your Ancestry.com family tree research, you would start to find guys - meaning more Grandpas - that.......um.., er... were not Homo Sapiens. It would mean that, about - say - 125,000 years back - you would have a Grandpa who was a Cro-Magnon.

Okay, no problem you say. You can deal with that. The Cro-Mags were a good punk band all the way up to the 1980s, and Cro-Magnon man was close to modern, and even exhibited artistic ambition, as demonstrated by his cave paintings. So you have no problem with going back past 1000 Grandpas in your Ancestry.com search, and discovering that you have run into a Cro-Magnon Grandpa.

But are you willing to go further?

If you believe in The Theory Of Evolution, as perpetrated by Charles Darwin in the not- unrecent year of 1859, then you are going to have to go just a bit further in your Ancestry.com search. Darwin had it all figured out, you see. Or if he didn't have it all figured out, specifically (because he left human origins open to some speculation), then for certain the anthropologists who followed him believed that they had it all figured out. And it was they who created the modern doctrines of The Age Of Man, back in the late 1800s, and since then it has been set in stone as Truth. Can you name any other scientific theory that is as "accepted as absolute truth" by science and the public, as Darwin's Theory Of Evolution?

The only scientific acceptance that equates is "E=MC Squared". I had to write "Squared" because I don't have a key on my computer that will put a little "2" up onto the upper right hand corner of the "C" in "MC". You get the idea, I'm sure.

But back to Darwin, and I wasn't intending to go on a Darwinean Tirade, but think about it -

You believe this theory, as does most everyone on Earth. Most folks have never studied it, and just accept it on faith, but at any rate let's say that 90% of all Earthlings believe Darwin, who never proved anything, and who, in scientific terms, was recent on the scene. His "theory" is only 160 years old.

So if you believe that modern humans are only about 100,000 years old, then in your Ancestry.com search, once you have gone back past One Thousand Grandpas, and once you have gone back past a handful of Cro-Magnon men, you are gonna start to run into some......what?.....Cave Men?

I am not sure about this, because I don't believe in Charles Darwin. But if you do, you are not only gonna have to back past Homo Erectus as your Grandpa, but back to Australopithecus.

At your Genealogical Family Reunion, an ancestor is gonna pull you aside and introduce you to Grandpa Monkey.

And you are gonna eventually have to go back to a fish as your grandpa, and then back to an amoeba.

"Oh, hello Joe! Nice to meet ya and welcome to the family reunion. Everyone is here. Have you met Grandpa Amoeba? He's right over there. Let me introduce you".

On your Ancestry.com search, that's your first grandpa, if you believe in Evolution, which seems to be set in stone as "Truth". Your first grandpa is an amoeba. Do you believe that?

To me - and I'm no stooge - it's the biggest load of claptrap I've ever heard in my life. It's so ridiculous as to be a joke.

But the book "Forbidden Archaeology" shows that human beings have been on this planet for a very, very long time, and there is evidence that great civilisations have come and gone during the millions of years of human existence. That is why you hear of the myth of Atlantis, and the stories of Greek myths, and the Flood mythology in many religious paradigms.

I meant to describe the contents of the book in greater detail, and I'm sorry to have gotten off onto an Evolutionary Tirade, but the subject really bugs me, and I am only 80 pages into the book anyhow.

All I ask in life is that people use their brains, think for themselves, and not just take something for granted because they were taught that "it is so". We are learning that a whole lot of stuff isn't so.

But seriously, just for tonight, go back One Thousand Grandpas, which is not that many!, and then see if you believe that your Grandpas past that time were eventually monkeys and fish and amoebas.

That's your homework for tonight.

See you in the morn in church.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment