Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Sunday + Fortune + Singing + Nuttiness

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day, and that was pretty far out about your fortune from the Fortune Cookie! Confucious, or maybe P.F. Chang himself, must be aware of your video plans for tomorrow. :) I take it that the video will be for some of the music you have been recording recently, that was also represented by the face-painted album cover? I of course will be excited to see and hear the results, and I know it will take a little while to finish, but post a still pic or a snippet or something if you are able to do so.  :)

We did not sing in church this morning, as previously noted, but we did have a one hour rehearsal afterward, working on some fairly challenging songs. My voice is becoming more elastic all the time due to the Car Singing, and so I always look forward to stretching it in whatever ways the songs call for, and especially in the legato singing, which really tests your ability to sustain at low volume, and to "tell a story" with phrasing. That is what out choir director is always after us about. He will say : "Okay. You've got all the notes, now you've got to tell the story". He doesn't like it - and rightly so - when we just follow the rhythm of the piano and sing exactly with the beat. Legato singing has to flow and stretch......stretch past the bar line at times, and put emphasis on certain lyrics, and sustain all throughout. I know - because I have been listening to pop music since I was three years old - that I have a good chance to be able to sing many different styles of song, just from memory alone, if my voice is strong enough to handle it. So that's what I am trying to do, as I mention a lot, haha. I could always mimic pop singers, because I did nothing but listen to the radio as a kid, and now that I've been a choir singer for over two years, I am having a chance to do it for real, and I am seeing my voice develop. So it's fun..........it's fun, I tell you!  :)

It is imperative that I put emphasis in the typing of such assertions, and that I repeat the most salient and final point, as above. It must be done, I tell you.......it must!  :)

As must the disclaimer always be posted that I realise I am slightly nutty. I point out my awareness of same in lieu of anyone else pointing it out for me..........

Well anyhow, a sunny day today, but somewhat windy, though short of Gale Force, and so maybe a hike tomorrow if the Sun persists and the wind does not increase.

More reading - Schwaller, who is obtuse and nutty in his own right (but also fascinating), and Phillip Nelson, who is anything but nutty. And also Leonard G. Cramp, who sounds like he should be nuts because of his name, and who writes about "UFOs and Anti-Gravity", but is found to be of entirely sound mind due to the evidence presented.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow you will shoot your video and it will be great, knocked out of the park as always.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment