Sunday, February 12, 2017

Noiret! + Our Singers Again, At Mid-Val + I've Had Enough Rain + Charlie Chan

Happy Late Saturday Night, my Darling,

I liked your post of Phillipe Noiret in "Cinema Paradiso"! He was so great in that movie, and also in "Il Postino", two of the Great Romantic Movies Of All Time. I haven't seen either in a few years, and I think I need to remedy that problem very soon.  :)

Also in the Romance Department, my sister Vickie and I went to the Mid-Valley Libe this afternoon to watch and hear our favorite Operatic Couple, Andy and Jennifer Watson, sing an hour long program of love-themed music from famous operas and Broadway shows, in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day. They have a great presentation and because they are a married couple themselves, the songs come off as very romantic indeed. For their last song, they sang "All I Ask Of You" from "Phantom"........so you know that made me think of you.  :):)

This afternoon it rained again for several hours. Oh joy! Speaking only for myself, while I love the newly green landscape everywhere I look, and find relief in the knowledge that our state is mostly replenished from the lengthy drought, I have nevertheless had enough......  :)

If it doesn't rain again for another five years, that'll be just fine with me.  :)

Cause I wanna get outdoors! I wanna hike trails and climb mountains! I wanna get The Koberman Pinscher to the park, and Pearl too. Everybody has been cooped up because of the neverending rain, so enough already.

So, I just read my books this afternoon, and this eve I watched a fun movie : "The Shanghai Cobra", which was one of the Charlie Chan mysteries that were popular in the 1940s. I saw a few minutes of it on Turner Classic Movies a few weeks ago, and then ordered it from the libe. The Charlie Chan films star a white actor named Sidney Toler as a brilliant Chinese detective. That would be seen as "racist" or "condescending" today, and they used makeup and tape on the eyes to make him appear more Chinese, but the movies are so much fun, and done with warmth and humor, that it's hard to see how anyone could protest. They made about five or six of them - all short, about 65 minutes in length - and they are a perfect example of low-budget economy turning out a high quality product in Golden Era Hollywood. The script is super tight, the direction crisp, the actors lively and the mystery of the plot keeps you guessing til the end.

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, but because it was, I ordered two more Charlie Chan flicks from the libe.  :)

That's all I know for tonight. I also saw another post this evening, of a new promo pic for Stitched Up Heart. I don't know if you took that one, but if you did, it is another excellent shot by you. And I imagine you are working with them now, or you will be in the near future, which is also exx-cell-ent, as Mr. Burns would say.

Tomorrow morn is church, but no singing because it is The Boy Scouts day tomorrow. They are gonna have a show during the service, so the choir will be sitting in the congregation like everyone else. But, we will be practicing as usual afterwards, so I will be back at the usual time of about 1pm.

See you then! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment