Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sun + Santa Su + Great Concert Pic + Charlie Chan

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well hooray! - the Sun finally came out today. Naturally, I headed out for a hike as fast as I could, just in case it was a trick, lol. The sky was blue, but huge white cumulus clouds passed overhead and a heavy grey presence loomed on the horizon. The weather held out, though, and I had a great time, at Santa Susana which was absolutely lush and gorgeous, with water running in the creek just like at Aliso and Limekiln. I wanted to go up the Waterfall Trail because of that drone video I saw and posted the other day, even though I suspected it would not be "falling" five days after the storm, and I was right about that. When I got to the top of the trail, no waterfall, but you could see the stains the water had left on the rocks, and there were many runnels and rivulets still coursing down the nooks and crannies of the mountainside. (what is the difference between a nook and a cranny anyway?)  :)

The clouds cast shadows on the hills below and also caused backlighting in the distance, which made for some good pix, one of which I posted on FB, of the darkened hilltop.

A regular workday other than that, with all the regular book reading and music listening breaks, as usual.

That was a great concert shot you posted on your professional FB page. Nice framing, with the lights in the upper left creating an elongated sideways "V" shape, like an opening, and then down at the bottom center of the pic, where you got her tattoo in there. A good action shot! I have not seen you post this band before, so maybe they are a new client. :) I know you have Sarah's CD release show coming up in a couple days, so you will get a lot of great pix at that one too. Keep shooting, keep posting 'em!

I saw the James post about Marilyn Manson, and I got a kick out of it (of course) because of the Grilled Cheese. If they ever meet, they will be inseparable!

In addition to my reading and music, I watched another Charlie Chan movie : "The Scarlet Clue", in which Charlie (and his two mentally deficient sidekicks Benson Fong and the hilarious Mantan Moreland) investigate a series of murders at a radio station. The murders involve wartime espionage and radar technology secrets, and it was a neat coincidence because during the war, Dad was in radar, and after the war, both Mom and Dad worked at a radio station. I love Charlie Chan, especially with Sidney Toler. I am gonna find as many of these as I can get my hands on, lol.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, SB. I trust that all is going well. I hope our sunshine will continue! If so, more hikes will ensue.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment