Monday, February 6, 2017

Hope All Is Well + Two Types Of Blogging + I Called The Super Bowl

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy Sunday night. I hope you had a nice weekend, and that all is well. I'm just checking in to say hi. It seems like you aren't on FB much anymore, but I know you are working all the time these days. I guess I will write when you are around, and I will even try to write when you aren't, but as you can see I haven't been very successful in that regard. It's funny - in an interesting way, when I analyse it - because, over the many years of my blogging, starting in 1999 or so, I have had two ways (methods) of writing. The first one was when I was merely "writing to myself" about whatever crossed my mind. Even though I knew people were reading, it felt, while I wrote, like I was just ruminating on my own thoughts about any given subject. A big subject was of course 1989, but even so, the "feel" when writing was of me just thinking aloud to myself and typing it out. So I did not have many off days, because I did not feel the need to communicate.

Writing to you is different, because it's psychically (for me at least) a two-way thing. It's almost like a phone call. When you make a phone call, and nobody is there, you don't start talking; you just hang up. So the feel is different for me in these blogs since 2013, because I am writing to you specifically, and when you aren't around.........well, it's like the phone call analogy.  :)

So that's a more specific reason why I've skipped a lot of days recently. If I was just writing "to myself" (and it would have to feel as if I were writing to myself), then I would probably write every single day because I always have thoughts about one thing or another. The problem there is that many of those things would be of interest only to me. That was what consisted of my blogging pre-2013, just mostly Weird Stuff that interested me alone.

At any rate, please take all of this with a grain of salt. I know 100% how hard you are working on things, and that should always be your focus and priority. I am only trying to explain why it's become harder for me to write a nightly blog, and that's because in my mind, as I write, I am treating it as a "two-way phone call", which in the past was easier to do.

It's still all good, and I will keep trying. Just please excuse "days that I miss a blog" if you are not around, simply because of the Age Old Reason that My Workday Life Is Not Very Interesting and also the missing element in the Two-Way Phone Call Factor mentioned earlier.

Well anyhow, that was some Super Bowl. I didn't like the outcome, naturally, but I knew it was gonna happen and I even called it, to my friends over at the KX board. Even when the Pats were down 25 points, I told one New England fan "have no fear", and when they closed the gap to 8 points in the 4th quarter, I posted that "Brady will win it in overtime". It's a weird thing, part "feel" and part experience of watching Brady for years, but there are certain things (and people) that you just get a feeling about, and he is one of them. I don't like him, much as I don't like Serena Williams, because I think both (great as they are) are prima donnas and sore losers when they lose. Neither is humble, both are egomaniacs. But it's almost because I dislike their sportsmanship so much, that I can tune in to any Serena match or, especially Brady game, and tell you if either one is gonna win or not. Even when it looks like they are gonna get killed. I can't stand Tom Brady, but he probably is the greatest QB of all time, and I am somehow tuned into his vibe because he bugs me so much, lol.

Wishing you much success on all projects current and future. I will keep trying with the blog.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment