Thursday, February 4, 2016

Another Good Connection :)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I saw your post this morning about M83. That would be awesome if you got a tryout! I had not heard of them before, but it looks like they have quite a following. By your comment ("why not"?) I am guessing you sent or are gonna send some samples of your music, singing and playing? You could certainly handle the gig, and it would be great to get a callback. I will be keeping my fingers crossed, of course, and I think it's also great that your name is getting out there, and your work, as with Lou Brutus.

Because you are an all around Artist, that gets you noticed when your name is repeatedly heard or seen. It sets you apart from someone who just plays an instrument, per se (not that there's anything wrong with just playing an instrument, haha). But if your name and face begin to register with people in influential positions, after a while they can take notice and say, "who is this girl, I thought she was a videographer. Oh, she's a musician, too, and a singer".....

So it's all about just getting a foot in the door, and you have already wedged it open with your videos.

I am glad you have other shows coming up, and maybe potential clients, too, and I see that your friend Sarah's band is playing a show as well. So the year is starting to roll.

Everything is good here, the Kobedog is more or less back to normal (albeit still 16 years old), and we took him to Reseda Park this evening as the Sun was setting. Earlier this afternoon I watched a movie called "Truth" with Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett about the George Bush/National Guard scandal, which I had sort of forgotten about because with him and his administration, there were so many negative things happening or being uncovered that it was hard to keep track of 'em all. Dan Rather, one of the most respected news anchors in TV history, lost his job over the reporting of the story.

It's a tremendous movie and highly recommended.

Well, I am tired again, working a lot these days, but trying to squeeze in all the usual stuff I always do.

I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment