Monday, February 22, 2016

Sunday Stuff (Church, Merch, Art, Mars in Pisces, etc)

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Sunday Night. It's my last night off, so I am once again at home. We had a nice morning in church. Our song for the day was "Shall We Gather At The River", which I have sung previously with the choir, so it was easy to sing my part with just a quick rehearsal. We also practiced a lot of material for the upcoming Easter service, and I really enjoy that material because just like last year, it is all part of a cantata that has a lot of really great harmony lines to sing, and I am finding that it gets easier each week to hit the notes, and to follow up and down the "ladder" of the printed music.

I was just hanging around the pad afterward : reading, watching the final movie in my Randolph Scott collection ("A Lawless Street"), and drawing with my pastels. I have, as previously noted, no actual talent for drawing (cannot draw representative figures other than at kindergarten level), so when I draw it's all about shapes and line patterns drawn spur of the moment, like you would do automatic writing. I do try to make it coherant, so that the end result sits nicely on the page, composed and balanced. But it's really just for me, as a creative release. It's like subconscious art, I suppose, and it's fun every now and then.

I also went on my walks, 'twas a nice quiet day in The 'Hood, not many people on campus, a general good vibe in the air and warm Sun on the skin. I have my Mars in Pisces ( an unusual aspect to deal with for an Aries Sun) and so that really influences a lot of my day-to-day action and my sensitivity to the inherant tension or calmness of my surroundings. I have Aries Sun and Leo Rising, double fire, and so God gave me the most mellow Mars aspect possible (Pisces) to prevent me from being a totally over-the-top SOB, haha....

It's good to know your basic chart, and all your planetary positions and aspects, too. It really helps you to understand why you act and feel certain ways in various situations.

Well, Sweet Baby, I hope your day was good. I saw a couple of posts, both music related, and one was for Versus Me guitar picks. I will guess that maybe you took that pic, and once again it is a good merch/business decision by those guys, to have (and push) a logo, and a brand name, and just to act already like rock stars. I'm reading the Van Halen book, and that's the way they did it. Of course, it took for them to meet David Lee Roth and have him become their lead singer, because as talented as the Van Halen brothers were, they had no sense of stage presense or concert presentation on their own. As teenagers, they wore Levis and Pendletons on stage and just stood there and played. But Dave Roth came along and made them into Rock Stars.

So it's good to look at all aspects of what is happening, including branding (creating a brand name via logos and merch, cause kids with disposable income love merch), stage presence, band personality, all that stuff.

You already know all of that, of course. I just reiterate it for you. In the case of Van Halen, they just kept playing and playing and playing and playing. They had to deal with a lot of jerks who promised them this-and-that, but they believed in themselves and just kept delivering the goods to the fans.

Gigging and promoting, via image, merch, and continually perfecting the live show. Getting the fans excited and talking. That's how you do it, and you as the photographer are an integral part of that process, as you already know.

On a more personal note, I saw your post about the harp, and I remember when that was loaned to you. Seems like yesterday. Wow....

I am glad that you enjoyed playing it, and I hope you will get another chance to play, or eventually get a harp of your own. Imagine the combination of harp, piano and voice on compositions.  :)

That is all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. I have one last sleep-in tomorrow morn, so I will take it, and I should be up around 10am or so, and then around until the afternoon when I head back to Pearl's.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment