Sunday, February 7, 2016

Good Job On New Video (plus Super Bowl & Kid Rock)

Happy Late Saturday Night, Sweet Baby,

Hey, I just saw your video for your new version of "Across The Sea". It's really good! It looks like you are playing your new keyboard - wow, the bottom end sounds fantastic; nice deep low notes with a rich timbre. I bet you are super happy with it! Also, your playing is really fluid, with a solid tempo and good dynamics. It's a beautiful piece of music, and I hope you are continuing to write. Given all the other projects and activities you have going, I can imagine it would be difficult to slot time in for writing music, but on the other hand, you wouldn't have purchased the new keyboard if you weren't gonna put it to use.  :)

You know, I just now saw that you had a new video, and I saw it because there was a little number "1" posted next to your name on my Youtube subscriptions. I see you posted it three days ago.

I also like the way you arranged the frame, with a short section of vine and leaves hanging from the top.....

A nice touch.

Yes, keep writing I say. And remember, with time management you can fit everything in. Plus, you can compose in your head at anytime, and then come back to work it out later.

Today was a busy one, which is to say normal. I drove out to Burbank to take my sister Sophie shopping, then was back to Pearl's, with a little time this evening for my walk. Tomorrow will be church and singing in the morning, Super Bowl in the afternoon. I don't have a stake in the game, although I'd prefer if Denver wins just because it's probably Peyton Manning's last game. Also, I don't really like Cam Newton and the Panthers. The Super Duper Bowl has become a bit ridiculous in recent years, what with the halftime spectacles and all, and last year it was even a phony baloney game, with Pete Carroll throwing it to the hated Brady and his Pats in the final seconds. So, I don't take it seriously anymore (unless the Rams are in it), but I'll have fun watching.

I saw your post with all of the guitar acrobats flailing about, and that is indeed some funny stuff. Listen fellas, you may wanna invest in some locking guitar straps before you make like Yngwie Malmsteen and toss your axe behind your back........and also, watch where you are sitting......or standing.....or just what you are doing in general.

I forgot to mention that Kid Rock called me the other day. He was upset that I didn't include him in my short list of Worst Musicians. I immediately smacked myself for forgetting and apologised, but he wasn't very forgiving. I have always admired his ability to hang in there with the cream of the crummy, and I hope he'll ultimately understand that......

I hope you had a good time at your concert tonight. I will be around early, before church, and then back at the usual time (1pm) after choir practice.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment