Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ice Shacks & Refrigerator Zombies

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I am back at Pearl's, settling in for another work cycle. All is quiet on the western front at the moment - Pearl and The Kobester are both asleep, and I have been reading my George Harrison book with KUSC on in the background. Earlier this eve we watched the X-Files finale. Awesome on all counts is my review, and especially with the cliffhanger ending, which almost guarantees that they've gotta come back for another season. Hooray, I say. I love that show.  :)

I hope your day was good. I really liked your photo of the ice fishing shacks. The placement is great, as they fade into the distance and into the fog, in a line. Also, I like the miniature effect of the small boxes on the vast white space. They look like little sketches. That is my kind of photo, one that shows something different, so great job. With those shacks, what do they do - take them down just before the ice is gonna melt? That's what I would imagine.

Tomorrow I will try and get out there for some pix of my own. It ain't as easy these days to get out there (as previously noted), but I should be able to get at least a mini-hike in, while Pearl is at Golden Agers. I need to stop at Best Buy to get another photo card for my cam, so that I can use it separately for the little video snippets I wanna do of various picturesque trail spots.

As for the condiments thing, your post of the ketchup swilling gal, hehe.......well I can give you a run for your money in certain respects. I am an inveterate Refrigerator Zombie, indicating late night, mindless consumption, where hunger "trumps" (sorry about the word) any considerations of grossness. I mean, I have found myself eating hot mustard out of the jar, by the spoonful. Mayo, too, though that has only happened on a couple of occasions and was too gross and thus is not purchased anymore.

But the Refrigerator Zombie can overtake the disciplined eater of the daytime to the point where anything with stimulating taste can be consumed during the beta wave state of the middle of the night.

Think "jars of stuff".

Just don't buy jars of stuff (jelly, peanut butter, butter) and you'll be all right.  :)

It's hard to eat right, because of the dreaded taste buds. They have a mind of their own, and they crave stuff.

For me, it probably started with hot sauce and salsa. I used to eat at Taco Bell on a regular basis. Yeah, I know it's fast food, and I haven't eaten there in quite a while, because when you get into your 50s you've gotta watch it.

But none of that negates the fact that Taco Bell is totally delicious. And so is their hot sauce, which comes in little packets.

Well, when you're a kid, you don't think twice about what you are eating, and you don't have to. You can burn anything up, you're a kid! So back then, I used to "pop" Taco Bell hot sauce packets, one after the other. In the old days, when you ordered they had bins full of hot sauce packets on the counter, and you could grab as many as you wanted. Nowdays they dole them out to you. But back then.....

So yeah, that probably started it all. Popping Taco Bell hot sauce packets.

It's a war, I tell ya. Between the taste buds, and........not the stomach, per se, because the stomach can stomach a lot, in my experience. I've always had a cast iron stomach, though less so nowdays, but still pretty much...

So it's not a case of the taste buds versus the stomach, because those two seem to be in alliance for the most past.

No, I think it's the taste buds against the reports (in the "news" mostly) of What Is Good For You, proffered by scientists who have studied the subject and come to the conclusion that pounding Jars Of Salty and Sugary Stuff is not good for you.

Man I hate those guys. I hate 'em because I listen to 'em, haha. And I listen to 'em because my Daytime Side, my normal eater, is very disciplined, always eating my veggies, and fruits and whole grains, and all of the stuff that makes up the bulk of the No Fun Diet that keeps me in shape.

But I won't pretend for a minute that I don't love all the stuff I used to eat - that I used to live on, haha - because in your 20s, 30s, and even 40s, you can get away with a lot, and it's fun to do.

Eventually, however, you've gotta contend with The Refrigerator Zombie within you, your "younger eater" who doesn't wanna go away, and who takes over in the middle of the night, during Beta Wave time.

The only way to defeat him is to clear the fridge, and the cupboards, lest you find yourself squeezing Sriracha onto Ezeikiel low sodium bread at 4am......

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment