Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl + Gas Leak

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I'm just checking in to say hi. Not a lot to report today except Super Bowl. It was a pretty good game, but with a lot of mistakes by both teams, and it turned out how I expected, with Denver winning over Cocky Cam and his Carolinians. The halftime show with Coldplay was your basic Super Bowl Spectacle. I thought Lady Gaga was better with her fairly straightforward version of the National Anthem. She can certainly belt it out and has an excellent voice.

We had good singing in church this morn, and an abbreviated practice afterwards due to it being Super Sunday.

I am experiencing another episode of shallow breathing tonight, this one a bit more unpleasant than the last. I don't know what happened - I was talking a lot during the game, and so when my throat tightened up afterward, I thought that was the reason : too much yakking, and also I was running on little sleep. It wasn't a sore throat and I wasn't sick, but it was more like the muscles in my throat were sore or strained. But then I went on my walk and when I got back, I had that same "1960s smog alert" shallow breathing, and this time accompanied by a runny nose for a few minutes (sorry about the grossness). By the time I got back to Pearl's it was pretty bad, definitely worse than the last episode I had like this. It's gotta be the methane leak, but it's been fairly windy the last few days and you'd think that would blow it all away.

All I know is that my breathing has always been fine until recently, when this gas leak started. I've heard other people coughing, too, and law firms are sending out big mailing cards with all the info for a class action suit. I am not normally a person to join things like that, unless I was in Porter Ranch and lost my home, but this is getting ridiculous. I feel like I am getting poisoned. I mean - don't worry cause it's not that bad - but it still sucks, and how bad is bad, anyway? Poison can be ingested in small doses, too, and that's what this feels like.

I am not a lawsuit person, but this methane situation - which I live just three to four miles from - is really bad, and it was caused by negligence on the part of SoCal Gas. It's been going on for over 100 days now. I think I speak for everyone in Porter Ranch and perhaps some Northridgers too, when I say I hope they get a humongous judgement against them, and I hope they are forced to shut down that entire mountain.

I hate to be a complainer because it's not my nature, but this sucks, not being able to breathe properly.

Well, rant over. Sorry about that. Other than the irritated throat and lungs, everything is good. I hope your day was good, too. I know you went to a show last night, so I am sure you got good pix.

I will rest up tonight and hope to feel better in the morning, and I will see you then.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment