Saturday, February 20, 2016

Concert Season Is Coming (and Deep Purple, and The Beatles are back together)

Happy Late Friday Night, my Darling,

I am writing from home, off until Monday afternoon. Just been readjusting and relaxing all evening and doing all the Usual Things. I am glad to see that Versus Me has some concerts coming up, and I also see your friend Sarah's band on one of the bills. I knew things were gonna get rolling, once the Spring rolls around and then even moreso into the Summer. Winter is never a great time for concerts, but now things are happening again. Hooray!

I hope your day was good. I was housecleaning most of the day at Pearl's, but had time to read about the Deep Purple fiasco over the Hall Of Fame ceremony. We were talking about Bands That Suck? Well you can add the Blackmore-less DP to that list, haha. I mean, what a ridiculous situation, when you want to get up and play with your current guitarist (Steve Morse), who - while he has been in the band for over 20 years - has not written a memorable tune with them in all that time.

Now, to be fair, I haven't actually heard any of the material he's been involved with in all this time. I've never heard a single song by the Morse version of so-called "Deep Purple", but you know what?

I don't have to hear it to know it's not memorable.

"Why"?, you ask. (I mean, I know you didn't actually ask, but anyway....)

Here's why : because if it was really good - the music of Morse "DP" - it would have found it's way to me. Period. I have been in the Music Listening Game long enough to know that is a truism.

And even then, even if Morse DP was good it still wouldn't be Deep Purple, because for all intents and purposes, Ritchie Blackmore was Deep Purple. He wrote all the music. So it's a joke to ban him from the show.

I am not a fan of bands carrying on with, like, one original member, or replacing a key member. Seldom has that ever worked. I mean, why not just reform The Beatles? Get Paul and Ringo and have Dave Grohl take over John Lennon's spot? He'd do it; he's an attention hound. I dunno who they could get on guitar to replace George Harrison. Maybe Prince or John Mayer or somebody. Hell, I dunno, and it doesn't matter because you've got Paul, and Ringo, and.......Dave Grohl, and.......John Mayer.......and......

"Hey everybody: it's The Beatles"!  (newfound fans : "hey, didja get tickets to The Beatles? They're back together y'know")....

So yeah. That kind of thing bugs me slightly.

Well, tomorrow I will sleep in a little bit, and then I will go shopping with Vickie. She is coming over for the first time since New Years, and in the interim she has had an operation on her hand. She had a Dupytrens contracture in her pinkie finger (it runs in our family cause both my folks had it) and she got it operated on and is now undergoing physical therapy to try and restore function in that finger, so I will be interested in her progress, as my own hands are fairly messed up (two bad fingers on left hand, one on right). Some day, if the surgery has a good success rate, I'd like to get my hands fixed too. In the meantime though, all is well.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment