Sunday, February 21, 2016

Down With Trump, Go Hillary, plus Kirk Douglas and Church Tomorrow

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I'm writing from home again. I had a nice time today shopping with my sister, and we were both glad to see Hillary win in Nevada. No offense if you are a Bernie supporter, but he's been doing better than expected and it's been making us Hillary supporters nervous, so now she's got a little momentum going. On the other side, it is depressing to witness Trump's continuing success. I never thought I'd feel sorry for a member of the Bush family, but I did today for Jeb. He actually seems like a decent guy, and before the primaries everybody thought he'd be the front runner. It was gonna be Jeb vs. Hillary, so everybody thought. And then came Trump and Bernie Sanders, and Trump seems to have staying power. He is a loudmouth, obviously (goes without saying) and a boor, and God Forbid he ever becomes President, because that would make America a laughing stock in some respects, but also seen as dangerous by much of the rest of the world, in a way that would be even worse than when George W. Bush was President. At least with the Bush administration - dangerous and criminal though they were - you had some kind of established structure in place, as they were Republican Party stalwarts and beholden to big money and all of that. You knew that, as bad as they were, they had to "play the game" so to speak.

With Trump, you just get the feeling that he's a loose cannon. He's totally not Presidential, not dignified or erudite. He's just rude and crude.

So : Go Hillary!

I didn't do a whole lot else today, though I did walk down to Northridge Libe and came back with a movie, "Ace In The Hole" starring Kirk Douglas. I had never heard of it, but it was on Criterion, so I checked it out and it was really good, the story of a newspaper reporter who manipulates the rescue of a man trapped in a cave to build a "story". It was made in 1951 but could have been made today, what with the media circus that surrounds everything now. Really good stuff indeed. And Kirk Douglas got to act Really Pissed Off And Demonstrative, which must have been in his contract in those days, because he did it in every movie. :)

I hope you had a nice day. I saw your post via James, about going to Milwaukee for a show. I don't know if you went too, but if you did I hope you had a blast.

I have sent yet another request to FB to please fix my news ticker, so we'll see if I get any response. At any rate, tomorrow I will be up early for church, and then back home after choir practice cause I'm still off til Monday. We missed last week's service because I was sick, so I don't know what we are singing tomorrow, but I know it will be something we've practiced, so I'll just have to jump in there and blend in. Then I'll be back on track.

More hikes on the horizon, too. Just gotta squeeze 'em in there, with the way my job is now, but I can do it. Also, maybe I'll add little video snippets for FB, of some of my favorite places on the various trails. I've never used the video feature on my cam before, and it's not hi def or anything, but I thought it might be fun to try this year, just for something different.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment