Thursday, September 15, 2016

Awesome & Awesomer + Mindblowing Revelations in The McVeigh Book

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope the sales are still coming in strong for the Versus Me album. I saw James' post about it, and it's great news. You know, it would be really cool if those guys could get on a national tour at some point, even as part of a festival or something. It reminds me of what happened with you - no sooner did you graduate from Art School and turn pro, than everything just took off for you, almost all at once. The same thing seems to be happening for James & Co., if I am not mistaken he said they are a new band. And, they are taking off.

So everything is awesome and poised to get awesomer!  :)

Today I took Pearl to see the foot doctor, which meant that The Kobester came along for his L.A. River walk. Although he can't venture as far down the pathway as far he used to, he still loves it, and this morning was simply gorgeous outside. I also went up to Aliso at 3pm for a Quickie Hike. No cam this time, I figured I'd give the spiders a break today, haha.  :)

Shows watched : two episodes of "Under The Dome" this evening. I will return to watching films again soon, but right now I am hooked on these TV shows.....  :)

Tonight I am Beyond Super Mega Tired, but I will continue my 1989 saga anyway,oma by rambling on a bit without a particular focus. It will probably be Tangent City, but I will start by saying that I am blowing my mind on this book about Timothy McVeigh by Dr. Wendy S. Painter. She can tell the story a lot better than I can, and it is very involved, but McVeigh told many stories, to many different people, of differing versions of his role in the Oklahoma City bombing. One of the versions was that he was an undercover agent for the Special Forces branch of the Army, and that he had been selected for a mission to infiltrate White Supremist groups suspected of potential terrorism. He had been a top soldier, that much is certain. There is inconclusive testimony as to whether or not he had actually been selected for a black-ops mission, and there is no proof whatsoever that he was. But there is some interesting evidence, and it can be found by reading the book, which I am doing. It is one of the most brilliant cases of research I have encountered.

At any rate, the author notes that in the late 1980s and early 1990s (around the time George Bush The First came into office) changes were made in the United States' Posse Comitatus Act, which was enacted in 1878 and which stated, among other things, that the military of the United States could not act in civilian affairs. The military could not arrest America citizens or involve itself in localised (city, county ot state) law enforcement affairs. But when George Bush became President, this began to change because of his "enthusiasm" for the War On Drugs. Changes were made to Posse Comitatus, in which the National Guard (and limited Army personnel) were now allowed to participate in drug interdiction actions, usually along the United States borders with Mexico and Canada,  but also in major drug trafficking actions against organised crime groups here in this country.

One of the groups the National Guard was authorised to act against, usually in concordance with local or state police officials, was the various factions of the White Power movement, who were not only involved with drug sales but also, in some factions, had plans to steal armaments from Army depots. This was discovered because both the FBI and the US Army had agents who had infiltrated these White Power groups, which were gaining membership and becoming high profile in the 1990s. The White Power groups were very much against the government, and the agents from the FBI and the Army who had infiltrated, reported back that some of these groups had plans to steal armaments - bomb components, artillery, etc. McVeigh claimed, among other things, to have been an undercover Army agent involved in such an interdiction.

I mention all of this because, waaay back in 1998 or so - almost twenty years ago - I used to tell anyone who would listen that The Weird Stuff of 1989 ("What Happened In Northridge") happened because a group of thugs stole a Very Unusual Weapon from the military.

I told this story with no knowledge of the program McVeigh mentioned, with no knowledge whatsoever besides my own memory and intuition. I told this to people almost twenty years ago.

At the Wilbur Wash, I saw a soldier - a "civilian looking" soldier (like a Special Forces guy, with long hair and a jumpsuit instead of a uniform), and he had what I have always called a "backpack weapon". This is beyond weird, I realise, but true. To make a very long story short, I saw - and I am sure others must have seen this too - I saw the soldier fire this weapon at a helicopter.

The weapon shot a beam of white light that looked like "donuts on a rope", a straight line of incandescent light - whiter than white - with "smoke ring" circles of the same brightness around the center line.

It fired this beam in short bursts, and it looked like something out of a science fiction movie, except that your brain was acknowledging it as 100% real before you yourself were.

Your brain knew it was real while you were going "wtf" in scared silence.

Later on, in a chaotic scene, two famous govenment men showed up with the military in tow. A man who was once Governor of California got out of a truck full of soldiers who wore tan cammo.

The way I told the story in 1998, prompted only by my memories and my intuition, I always maintained that these soldiers in the truck were from the California National Guard. And the guy in charge of them was out former Governor.

They were there, at the Wilbur Wash, to - among other thngs - recover the exotic light-ray weapon. And of course the famous man from the Federal government was there too. The Wilbur Wash was crazier than crazy, so far out that even if I could remember it all I'd have trouble describing it.

But my point tonight is that, in the McVeigh book, we see that the rules of Posse Comitatus were changed under Bush The First, allowing the military (meaning National Guard) to participate in undercover actions against criminal groups, and we see that certain White Power groups had plans to steal military armaments.

When I told my story, twenty years ago, I never could figure out how a bunch of criminals like Howard Schaller or Gary Patterson could get ahold of a weapon like the one I'd seen. It was something that only George Lucas could dream of. And the thing is that neither of those guys was even present at Wilbur Wash. But other criminal thugs were there, and so was this weapon, which was initially in the hands of what I have always described as a "rogue soldier", a guy who was in league with the criminals. He shot the weapon at a military helicopter that arrived on the scene, and it crashed in a field next to the wash.

But when I told my story, I only knew what I had witnessed in 1989. I knew nothing of what I am now reading in the McVeigh book, of secret Army programs to infiltrate White Power groups who planned to steal weapons from the military.

And yet, that is exactly the thing I talked about, all by myself.

Initially, I thought that was the overarching reason for What Happened In Northridge, that the government was trying to recapture a secret weapon that had been stolen, and because the weapon was secret, the whole operation to recover it had to be secret and ultra-classified.

Nowdays I think the Whole Thing is even more complex than that, but the Secret Weapon was certainly a part of it - it definitely happened - and I reported on it from memory, almost twenty years before I read about similar government authorised actions in the 1990s in the McVeigh book.

My story has never changed, since 1997. /////

And that's all I know for tonight. I will see you in the morn, SB. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment