Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labor Day Fun (hikes & parks) + 1989 Detective School

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had an enjoyable Labor Day. Maybe another festival or concert was in the works because it was a holiday. I had a fun day, ordinary to begin with, but at 3pm I went for one of my new 45 minute "quickie hikes" and this time it was on the Mario De Campos Trail off of Neon Street, about a quarter mile down the road from O'Melveny Park. You can Google the trail, but anyhow, it is the trail that leads up to "The Three Trees" at Mission Point, the second highest peak in the Valley. This is the same trail that I took all the way to the top back in 2014, but back then I didn't have the "hiking legs" that I do now, and I was more nervous when near drop-offs (i.e. cliffsides), and also back then - in my first hiking season - I did everything in worn out sneakers, including my hike all the way to the top of Mission Point.  :)

So it was a bit tougher on my first try, haha. But now, with today's partial climb (in hiking boots, hooray!), I have been back twice since then, each time for 45 minutes up and back, and I am finding it to be easier each time, in the same way that the Devil's Slide at Santa Susana is a piece of cake now, after being pretty difficult the first couple times, also in 2014. The Mario De Campos Trail is 2 1/4 miles to the top of the mountain, and in 22 minutes I made it about a mile up, with approximately a 500 to 600 foot elevation gain. So it was like hiking a mile and climbing the stairs to the top of a 50 story building, all at the same time, in 22 minutes. Not too shabby. So, now that I have rediscovered this trail, and now that it feels easier, it may become a "go-to" trail for Quickie Hikes, ala O'Melveny and Aliso.

The only drawbacks are, if I wanna go to the top I will need more time. 2 hours, which is not easy these days, but I will do it before the end of the year. And the other thing is that it's not scenic. Just a trail going round and round up a mountainside, no trees or groves or meadows (or spider webs...). But it does have one cool thing : when you get to the top, you can see the buildings of Downtown LA, 30 miles away.

So that was my highlight for the day, and then also, at 5pm, I took The Crew to Lake Balboa and we had a blast. The park was more jam-packed than even on July 4th, and it was good mental and spiritual stimulation for Pearl (and The Kobester too) to see all the people, and doggies, and all the birds flying around. It was great. Right now Pearl and The 'Ster are both sacked out big time.  :)

Now we must put our detective hats on once again, and get into the Time Machine that takes us back to 1989, because we are trying to understand the seemingly irrational behavior of three middle class men, and while we know that crime knows no class-oriented bounds, we have seen, in our examination, that all three men, in their separate actions, chose to throw caution to the wind in taking revenge for perceived wrongs (by me and my family), when a more sane course of action would have been to hide or "lay low", as most criminals would do who have been found out by someone but not yet accused or busted by the police. We have seen, in our investigation, that indeed it seems nonsensical and highly illogical that each man - if indeed each was involved in behind-the-scenes criminal or disturbing activities - would publicly act out in a violent manner that would only increase his chances of being arrested, at first for the violence, and then secondarily charged for the hidden criminal activity.

In short, it is the sheer brazenness of the men's actions that draws our attention because it doesn't make sense in the everyday scheme of things. When a scam or group criminal activity is exposed, or thought to have been exposed by the criminals, they usually flee or hide. They don't usually take even more of a chance of getting caught by publicly accosting their victims, or even kidnapping them.

So we must question at this point if we are looking at a contrived and calculated scenario of some type. My first impression, years ago, upon considering this "lack of caution" by the criminals, was that they were coordinated, in some way, perhaps by phone calls ("Hey, did you hear what happened? You'd better get your ass over here"!), and also that they knew, somehow, that they would not be busted. They knew that local police, the normally All-Powerful Los Angeles Police Department, was, in this case, a non factor. They had been ordered to stand down by the Federal people on scene.

That has been my estimation in the past, about why these middle-class men with families, though they were psychos on the inside, still had everything to lose by acting out but did so anyway.

Because they knew they weren't gonna be arrested. They knew more than I did - and more than I know to this day! - about what was happening and why it was happening in the very strange way it did.

And so - knowing, through mutual immediate contact (phone calls), that the cat was out of the bag, and also knowing that they could get away with their violence, they acted it out.

These were middle class men in name only. It was just an image, an illusion. We, as detectives and students of human pathology, know that oftentimes such psychopathic and borderline personalities hide inside a "normal existence".

It is an epidemic, really. But still, most of these afflicted personalities manage somehow to hold onto some measure of restraint, so as to remain free and not "found out".

So I think that Mr. Rappaport, Mr. Tippo and Mr. Schaller, in their differing events and actions, knew the Overview of what was happening. And I think that their Inner Psychopaths (their real selves) were channeled when they knew they could "get away with it". That they could attack and kidnap, and "let loose" with their real feelings, because they knew or assumed they would not be busted or interfered with.

That is all for today in our Detective Class. Tomorrow we will introduce another character, and individual that I know to this day, who also acted out against me during this period, although in a manner of simulated - rather than actual - violence. It was very strange.  ///

See you in the morning, SB. Keep posting!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment