Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Funny Picture + "Walking Dead" again + 1989 & "Seems Like A Dream" Quote

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

That was a fun photo of you and various band members at Taste Of Madison, with you in the back making "rabbit ears" on the guy in front of you, haha. Funny stuff and super cute! Not sure if everyone in the pic is from one band or a few different bands, but I am assuming there is at least one client to be added to the list.  :)

I hope you had a good day, no doubt you are working on a current project, maybe editing your personal video starring Tina. It was a Tuesday Golden Agers day for me, which meant no hike but just TCB (taking care of business) and a lot of reading as always. I did finally get the first disc of Season Six of "The Walking Dead" from the Libe, so I watched the first episode this evening. It was last Fall when I was pounding episodes of the show, from the first season onward, and I had finished Season Five in November 2015, so it had been 10 months since I saw the show, and I had to remember where it left off, which took some doing because there are a couple dozen characters and multiple plot lines, but now after watching tonight I am back up to speed.

For tonight's 1989 Tidbit, I will start on the story, which is not long but maybe too long for me to finish in one night, of what took place directly after The Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors. I will preface it by saying that location once again plays a big role in determining the continuity of events that leads from "Ex-Neighbors" to the one I am about to describe. The location was the front yard and street corner of 9032 Rathburn Avenue, which intersects and forms a corner with Sunburst Street, and as always, Google Maps Street View affords a helpful visual guide to this address. When my memory of The Ex-Neighbors first came back, it was visceral (meaning that I could feel it in my gut as I was remembering it; it had a strong emotional component), and at that time the memory played back like a movie. You must also understand that as all of this was coming back to me, that I was absolutely stunned, but at the same time awestruck because I knew that I was coming out of an amnesia that I had not been aware I had. It was mindblowing and mindboggling, to say the least.

But when I began to remember The Attack Of The Ex-Neighbors, the "memory movie" played on in my head, and I remembered that - seemingly right after the fight with the Ex-Neighbors had ended (which involves other details not important at this time), another car drove up and a friend of mine got out.

He is a person I know to this day, and still see occasionally.

He drove up in his own car, and I remember vividly to this day standing on the concrete street corner in front of our house (Google Street View), and I remember him driving up and getting out of his car. Because I did not, and would not have been randomly standing alone on my corner alone, and because my memory played it back as happening soon after The Ex-Neighbors events, I have always believed 100% that this person drove up shortly after The Ex-Neighbors had assaulted my parents. But when he drove up, me memory tells me that he and I were alone on the street corner. It was mid-to-late afternoon.

He had a gym bag (or similar style of bag) in hand as he walked from his car toward me. I was lucid, but (as I put it) "inside myself" as I had been since the entire thing started. I was in a state of shock, but lucid and functioning. To better describe it, I will say that, had these things happened today, or at any time when I was fully aware of what was going on, I would have fought back or at the very least resisted. I would have been too savvy to let Mr. Rappaport kidnap me, and would have stood up to Ray Tippo, despite his size advantage. I have asked myself these questions : "why did I not resist/fight back/etc", and although I did indeed fight back during two of the events, in general I was passive but fully aware and calculating my options. I was in shock for most of the entire experience.

But at any rate, when this person drove up, after The Ex Neighbors experience had ended, he got out of his car and walked toward me with a gym bag in hand. I was standing on the corner of 9032. And he walked up to me, and he opened up his bag, and he pulled out of it a pair of handcuffs and a gun.

No joke, but entirely the truth.

He explained to me that it was okay, that I shouldn't worry, because the gun was a "starter pistol" that fired only blanks. Still, he was determined, quick and a bit forceful. He had something he needed to do, and he told me : "Just go along with it"

"Just go along with it".

This is the entirety of what I remember him saying, after he showed me the starter pistol and reassured me that it wouldn't hurt me : "Just go along with it. They are gonna kill me if I don't do this, so please just go along with it".

"They" are gonna kill me. "Just go along with it".

What he did was to put handcuffs on me, behind my back. He had me kneel on the sidewalk. And then he shot me in the back of my head with the starter pistol. I felt a blast of air that hurt somewhat, but was not catastrophic.

And then he took the cuffs off me and got in his car and drove away.

How freaking weird is that?

I will don my detective hat tomorrow night and we will commission an intensive forensic investigation, but for tonight I will tell you that, years later, 2006 - a full 17 years after this event happened, and 9 years after my memory of that event had returned - I confronted this person with my recollections.

I happened to run into him at CSUN one night while I was on my walk. Was it a coincidence? Perhaps.

Or perhaps not, because Grimsley had already spilled the beans to him, of what I'd remembered.

When I saw him at CSUN that night, he brought it up first.

"So, Grimsley tells me that you are saying that a long time ago, I supposedly shot you? With a starter pistol or something like that"? He was wearing skates and skating in circles as he said this. He did not stop nor look me in the eye. Body language says a lot.

"Yeah, that's true", I replied. "Don't you remember? It was in September 1989. A lot of weird things were going on". I didn't explain further, about his drug connections that coincided with his further involvement in the events, because I didn't want to shake him up. I wanted to hear what he had to say, since he had been the one to bring the subject up in the first place.

I asked him, "Don't you remember"?, and then I gave him a basic overview.

And as he continued to skate around in circles, avoiding eye contact, he quickly said :

"Seems like a dream".

And that was all he said.

And he kept skating in circles. ////

That's all for tonight, SB. I will see you in the morn.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment