Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday February Love (home) (quick check-in, then back momentarily) (geology)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am home from Pearl's. The Internet service over there is really getting on my nerves. Once you turn the computer on, it only works for an hour or so, max. Then you click a link, and the little "wheel" just goes around and around in the tab window, and nothing loads. Then, you click more links, and the wheel starts to go reaaallllyyy slowwwww, like it barely has enough energy to turn around. Watching that annoys the heck outta me, lol.

Then finally a "not responding" page comes up. This happens over and over and over, almost every time the computer has been on for more than a few minutes. So you have to keep shutting it off and rebooting it.

You know how much I hate tech problems, so I don't wanna deal with it, at least not at the moment. If they have to send another modem out, I will indeed be calling Dr. Janov for some Primal Scream Therapy, haha.

At least my service here at home works pretty good. And, of course I will get the service at Pearl's straightened around, but it's just frustrating because it was very difficult just to get the new modem working, it took an hour on the phone with the ATT tech girl.

Well, anyway........stop whining, Ad.  Yeah, I know. :)

I will be here for a couple hours at least. Vickie did not come over. I can put my grocery shopping off til tomorrow, but at some point I need to go to Home Depot to get fertilizer for the roses at Pearl's. Gotta start cutting 'em back, too. Cut off all the thin branches and twiggy stuff.

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday. I will check back in probably when I get back to Pearl's, and hopefully that doggone computer will work for more than five minutes.  :)

I Love You, Sweet Baby!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

6:45pm : Good Evening, my Darling. Just getting home. It was raining again this afternoon, which will keep the hiking trails green for that much longer. I think it's tapering off enough to get my walk in, and my friend Dave F. will be coming over at 7:30 to go with me. I hope you are having a nice evening. Other than the walk, I'll be around until 9:45 as usual, then back at Pearl's.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo  :):)

11:20pm : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I am still getting situated here at Pearl's. She is still awake watching TV, but I wanted to check in just so you know I'm here. Did you go to Megatone today? Maybe when the album is ready, you can do another video for the guys. That would be great! Well, I am gonna try to convince Pearl to go to sleep pretty soon, so she won't be tired in church tomorrow morn. Then I will be right back, half an hour at most.  :):)

11:55pm : Five minutes longer than half an hour - doh! But all quiet on the western front now. I like your post of the gigantic waterfall, too, and I wonder where it is? Somewhere in South America perhaps. What would your first destination be if you could go anywhere to see a geological feature or an ancient artifact? Non-vacation travel, in other words, and non-cultural. Mine would probably be that place in Bolivia, way up high in the mountains where they have those perfectly manufactured blocks of stone that had to have been machined. I can't remember the name of the place so I'll have to look it up. Not Macchu Picchu, which is also awesome. Pretty sure it's in Bolivia.

Or, I would choose the ruins of Harappa, in India.

I mentioned a bunch of such places in a blog I wrote in Summer 2013, when I was reading Igor Witkowski's book, "Axis Of The World", which chronicles his search for ancient civilizations, ones that came before the Sumerians. Way before, in fact.

I would want to go to places where evidence from The Flood can still be seen, or evidence of Atlantis. That kind of stuff.

They just put up a sign at the entrance to Santa Susana that designates it as an "archaeological site", which intrigues me. I mean, I know it is ancient Indian ground, but I have been wondering if there might be burial grounds in the park, things like that. When I am out there, I am always alone, have the whole place to myself, and I can definitely feel a presence or spirit of some kind. It's just a simple, peaceful feeling, but it's different from the simple peaceful feelings you get in other sections of the Chatsworth mountains. At Santa Susana, there is a vibe. So I am wondering what the park service knows, to designate it, just last month, as an archaeological site.

And I wanna find out!  :)

I am very much interested in pre-history, because when you think about it, history is only the available written down stuff. What about the stuff that happened before that?

And that's where the geological record comes in, and archaeology too.

I am interested in, and have written about, memory. I will write more about it in the future, but what interests me regarding places such as these, is that there seems to be a latent memory, or feeling, present at such sites. Why is there a feeling of "presence" at Santa Susana? Or Stonehenge? I am sure you could give me examples in Wisconsin, from some of the Ice Age landscapes you have visited.

I have some very specific views on why such places evoke deep feeling in a visitor, rather than just plain curiosity by itself. I am interested in the theory known as Catastrophism (you can Google it), and I imagine that a planetary cataclysm could wipe out everything on Earth.........except memory.

Memory that resides not in the human brain, but in the soul.

And here is what I find to be mindblowing. The soul, and the spirit, and the human being comes and goes, right? We live and we die, and then.......

But the Earth spins along almost eternally. It does not die. Not yet, anyway. And it's geological features stand in place for eons. If a scar is made on Earth (or on Mars) it stands for eons. Mountains rise and stand for eons. Forces shape the Earth, and leave the features that we see today on maps.

But there are certain places we could visit, that would give us goosebumps. And that is because of a recognition factor of some sort.

Re-cognition. Cognizing all over again. Remembering.

We come and go, the Earth stays the same. Then we come back and vaguely recognize where we've been.

Sweet Dreams, my Darling. I will see you after church tomorrow.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment