Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Sweet Babyism + Choir + Oscars (mid-show hello) (acting + sweet dreams)

Happy Sunday Afternoon, Sweet Baby!,

I am back from choir practice. We are learning a modern cantata called "Out Of The Shadows" by a guy named John Purifoy. I might have mentioned that before, but anyway, man - there's a lot to learn cause it's a 32 minute piece with many different songs. It sounds like something John Williams might compose if he were composing church music. Those tenor contermelodies, boy you've really gotta pay attention because the notes jump around, and sometimes you are singing higher than the sopranos. I didn't know before I joined (because I knew nothing about choral music) but the highest notes in any given piece are tenor notes.

So I'm all sung out at the moment, but I'm having a lot of fun.  :)

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I just figured you were busy, and also Grimsley came over last night because he wanted me to watch a "Best Of Chris Farley" tape he has, so by the time that was over, and I did my walk, I was kind of toast, and I knew I had to get up for choir today.

But now I'm back, and so is my Sweet Baby. Your post was the first thing I saw when I turned on my computer this morn. Nothing makes me happier than seeing that my Baby is back with me!  :):)

I am now gonna clean up my messy apartment, then maybe do part of my walk before heading back to Pearl's at 4:30. Tonight, I will be there til about 8 or 8:30, because we are gonna watch the Oscars. Then I'll come home for an hour or so, to finish my walk. Who do you think will win?

Here are my picks :

Best Picture : "Boyhood" (I haven't seen it, but it's getting all the buzz)
Best Actor : Michael Keaton for "Birdman" (I did see it and thought he was great)
Best Actress : Julianne Moore for "Still Alice" (Haven't seen it but they say she is great)
Supporting Actor : J.K. Simmons for "Whiplash" (Haven't seen it. He's getting the buzz)
Supporting Actress : Patricia Arquette (ditto above)
Best Director : Alejandro Inarritu for "Birdman" (it's usually the director of the Best Picture, but not this time).

So those are my picks for who will win. I've only seen one of the major nominees, lol ("Birdman"), so I am rooting for it, and I'm rooting for "Interstellar" in all the technical categories in which it's nominated.

"American Sniper" could come out of the blue and surprise everybody, though. I haven't seen it but know it's been politicised, so that could work against it, but it's saying something when a Liberal New Ager from The People's Republic of Santa Monica - my sister - calls it the best movie of the year.

I kid about Vickie. She is a Democrat, and is from Santa Monica (one of the leftest-wing and most New Age parts of the USA), but she's no extremist of any sort. She's pretty level headed.

But yeah, watch the Oscars! It's always a fun show.

I will check after I get back to Pearl's, my Darling. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7pm : Hey, my Baby, just a quick check in, mid-show. Are you enjoying it so far? I think Neil Patrick Harris is doing a good job. His opening number was great, and he's got the right sense of humor for Oscar. So far I've got both my acting picks right, but it's pretty easy to do because they practically tell you who's gonna win beforehand. Anyway, back to the show. Talk to you in a while!  :):)

12:10am : Happy Late Night. Well, I am glad "Birdman" won Best Picture, though I was really surprised Keaton did not win the Best Actor award. I am sure Eddie Redmayne's performance must be fantastic, but the Academy always seems to lean toward that type of technical acting, where one of these incredibly talented British actors can basically inhabit a real life person, as Daniel Day-Lewis did when he won for "My Left Foot" back in 1989. I'm not saying it isn't phenomenal acting, because it is, but it is also copying in a sense, or aping. Dustin Hoffman won, too, for "Rain Man", when he studied the behavior of autistic savants, and because he is highly talented, he was able to ape it comepletely, and become "Rain Man". And it is great acting, when actors can pull off such a role. But what Michael Keaton did was create a great fictional character from scratch. And I think in some ways, while that may or may not be "harder" than technically great acting, it's more memorable.

Aww, heck, I dunno. :)

I'm still in Ozu land, lol. I only saw one Oscar picture from the main catagories, but all in all a great show.

Who knew Lady Gaga could sing like that? Wow. She's got Barbra Streisand pipes.

Well, Sweet Baby, that's Show Biz. And that's all I know for tonight in rainy Reseda. I will see you in the morn, and you know I love, love, love - Triple Love - you!

Sweet Dreams.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment