Friday, March 4, 2016

All Decades Are Awesome + Stalker + Dave Grohl Walk

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day today. Those were really nice pictures you posted, of you and your brother. You guys were a couple of cute kids and you take good photos together. Happy Birthday to your bro! I'm sorry to say, though, that I had to chuckle - just a little bit - that you feel old because he is now 21.

Hehe........yep. You are positively ancient now. The next thing you know, you'll be......gasp.....24!

I kid, of course. But even if you do feel a tad older than before, say, when you were 19 or 20, two things are worth keeping in mind: the first is that Your Twenties Are Awesome. That means all of Your Twenties, from 20 to 29. And the other thing - and this is the Best Thing - is that when you are in your twenties, a year seems to last forever. You will see what I mean 30 years from now. Time seems to, or actually does, speed up as you go along. But even now, at my age (I hate that saying, "at my age", what a bunch of baloney, it sounds like What My Parents Would've Said, and now I'm saying it, haha), but anyway.....wait a minute.....lemme switch back from italics.......okay, here we go...

Where was I?

Oh yeah, at my age, or let's just say when you get a few years older, you can do something neat with time. You can sort of Control It. Yeah, pretty cool, eh? You can allow it to just speed along, like five minutes ago it was New Year's Day and we were watching the Rose Parade, and now - suddenly! - it's March.

But you can also slow time to a crawl, because you get better at staying in the moment, and noticing all the little things that you appreciate every day. And when you notice them, you stay with them as they are happening, and life slows way down to it's actual progression, second by second, minute by minute.

So that's pretty cool too.

What you will discover as you go along is that all decades are pretty awesome. And if you take good care of yourself - which I know you will - another neat thing is that you remain your peak Spiritual Age (or emotional age if you want to call it that) while your body feels a bit older, but not too bad.

For instance, Donald Trump still feels twelve years old inside, even though he's almost 70.

So, you get the idea.

Me, I'd guess my peak Spiritual Age is around, oh somewhere between 25 and 35. Too hard to pin down. It's easiest to describe by saying that, if you are a happy person by nature, you will never stop feeling like the Young Happy You, even though you will get a few more aches and pains as the decades pass. Not too bad though, as long as you exercise.

That's why I say all decades are good, as long as you do two things : Remain optimistic and take care of yourself. And stay curious. That's the extra thing.////

Tonight we saw "Stalker" at CSUN. Man, that is some Heavy Stuff. It's Tarkovsky's most philosophical film, I think, and somewhat tortured, because at it's heart it's about the need for hope in human affairs, and how hope would not exist were it not for torment or frustration. But the film is so much more than that.

It's Tarkovsky; it's Ultra Heavy; it's Philosophical & Slow, but it has a huge payoff : it stays with you always.

So, that was the highlight of the day. We are due for rain over the weekend, so I am gonna try to get a hike in tomorrow. Can't guarantee it because of busy work schedule, but fingers crossed.

I liked your Dave Grohl/Butch Vig video post, which was very funny, and so I went on what I call a Dave Grohl Walk this afternoon, down past Studio 606. There's a Northridge - Madison Connection for you!

See you in the morning, my Darling. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment