Wednesday, March 2, 2016

King's X Was Incredible, Things Are Taking Off, Trump Is Toast

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I am back from The Whisky. Man, what a show. King's X was on fire, extremely tight and powerful. The sound system in the club was excellent too, something I noticed at the PFM show there last November. KX is very bottom heavy, and the low end sounded like a buzz saw, just going right through you. Great harmony vocals and ripping leads, and of course Doug Pinnick, who is 65 but sings with the soul and energy of a man half his age.

They were so good, and as I just posted on FB, it was maybe the best I have ever seen them, except possibly in 1992 at the Fonda Theater, when Doug's voice was at it's peak. But anyway - good grief, Charlie Brown! That was One Heavy Show!

Grimsley and I did not stay afterward to meet the guys at the merch table because the place was packed, and the line to meet 'em was very long and I had to get back to Pearl's, but it was an incredible night nevertheless, and I am stoked to have seen such a great show. Now they have to make a new album, which we fans have been waiting for since 2008.......

I hope you had a good day, and that your shoot is going well. I saw, earlier this morning, a post by you of I Prevail (a band photo), so maybe they are the band you are shooting? That is great if true, but the whole thing is great no matter who it is, just because the work is happening again and things feel like they are taking off. :)

I liked your Selfie With Sunglasses. It seems that the aqua background sets you off, gets you snapping pics with previous subjects and now yourself. Something about that color that you can't resist, I think. :)

Oh, and The Calvin and Hobbes dance was perfect.......   :):)

On a final note, I am glad to see that Hillary did so well today. It's gonna be her against Trump, the weirdest election in American history, but come November I think we are gonna have our first woman President, and I think that's great. "More Love & Kindness" is a great slogan, too. You lose, Trump.

So, I proclaim it an excellent day, Sweet Baby. I Love You and will see you in the morning!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment