Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Love Movies

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy Saturday Night. I haven't seen any posts the last couple days, so I am guessing you are working on your video. I hope it is coming along well and of course it's gotta be, because you always do an excellent job.

It's a good thing I'm not doing it, haha, because I am still terrible at online video, but I made a new discovery yesterday : the Youtube video editor! Hooray! I found it by Googling, and it's pretty easy to use, you just drag and drop your video clips in the order you want them spliced together. You can trim them, too, so you can eliminate the "bump" that always happens (for me, anyway!) when you press the start button. I did a rudimentary splice of two clips I'd already posted, just to see how it worked. The Youtube editor also has a stabilizer, which I tried to use on my ridiculous little "Tunnel" clip (inspiration "Blazing Saddles"). When it was processed through the stabilzer, all the shakiness was gone. But for some reason when I uploaded it, it was the shaky version.

Anyhow, better videos are in my future. I am a trial and error kind of guy, and I learn by osmosis, so just by recording stuff and using the editor, my videos will get less crummy over time, lol.

Not much to report besides that, so I will list more films that I like, just for the heck of it. I could do lists all day.......

No particular order :

"The Cranes Are Flying", directed by Mikhail Kalatozov.

"Masculin/Feminin" by Jean-Luc Godard.

"Au Hazard Balthazar" by Robert Bresson.

"Portrait Of Jennie" by William Dieterle, starring Jennifer Jones (one of my favorite actresses).

"The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg" by Jacques Demy, the only movie I know of with all musical dialogue.

"Mr. Hulot's Holiday" by Jacques Tati, a unique and inventive French comedian/director.

"Vampyr" by Carl Theodor Dreyer, one of the best Vampire movies ever made, from 1932.

"A Canterbury Tale" by Powell & Pressburger.

"Laura" by Otto Preminger, one of the best Film Noirs, starring Gene Tierney, another of my favorite actresses.

"The Double Life Of Veronique" by Krzysztof Kieslowski, the director of the "Three Colors Trilogy", of which I previously mentioned the film "Red", which is one of my all-time favorites.

Well, there's ten more films. With movies, I could list 'em for a very long time, because I've seen so many and have many favorites from many genres.

My lists are "just for the heck of it", not to say "you should see this film, or that film". Cinema finds it's way to you, I have found, and the films you like, you will see.

But just as there is a ton of music out there, so are there tons of movies.

Me, I just enjoy listing stuff, naming stuff, thinking about favorites.........

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment