Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Bach's Birthday (rest of post is extremely weird, proceed with caution) + Love

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I am sitting here, going through lists of Bach keyboard works on Wiki and elsewhere, trying (so far in vain) to locate an incredible piece I heard on KUSC about two or three years ago. I am pretty sure I posted it then, and I wanted to post it again tonight for Bach's birthday. But because many classical works are numbered rather than named - and I am used to names (in rock songs), I just get lost.

Hmmm, was it 585? 565? I seem to remember it had a 5 at the end......

I also don't know the difference between a toccata and a fugue, although I get the general idea of a prelude.

The piece I am looking for is not super famous, but is very fast, complex and intense. I would mention that it's full of counterpoint and melody, but that describes all of Bach's music.

I'm afraid I'll not be able to find it tonight, but I will indeed be successful in the long run because I am relentless in that way, lol. I've had the same problem with a few Mozart piano pieces, trying to recall them and knowing their melodies but not the numbered titles, but I ended up finding every one that I was looking for. :)

At any rate, Happy Bach's Birthday. For me he is the greatest composer of all time.

Happy Spring, too.

I liked the doggie you posted this morn, the "morning cuddle" dog. He was super cute, and obviously a graduate of the Good Boy school.

This afternoon I went to see "Mad Max" with Grimsley. He had been bugging me to go, ever since I mentioned my puzzlement at it's Oscar success. I didn't mean that it might be a bad movie, only that I would never have thought of a "Mad Max" movie as an Oscar contender, let alone a winner of multiple awards.

But having seen it, I now understand all the fuss. While my taste these days runs mostly to art house fare (and Westerns, haha, and a whole bunch of other stuff.......basically anything that doesn't have Adam Sandler or Danny De Vito in it), I must say that this movie was probably the ultimate action film I've ever seen, pretty much non-stop. I have no idea how you would edit such a film, let alone choreograph the thousands of stunts and hundreds of camera set-ups. The credits at the end ran into the thousands. A very impressive piece of work, for the action/fantasy medium.

And now for two more Guitar Solos, on my list of The All Time Top Ten. I've already listed Ritchie Blackmore, Uli Jon Roth and David Gilmour, and so......

Number Four has got to go to Eric Johnson, who has perhaps the greatest range of guitar skills I've heard, or seen.

4) "When The Sun Meets The Sky" by EJ. A song so beautiful you never want it to end. I first heard this song in the late, great Mr.D's car, while we were driving out to the Mojave desert one early morning in October 1996 to go to Edwards Air Force Base for their annual air show. Eric's album "Venus Isle" had just been released, and I'd purchased it the night before, so this was the first time we listened to it. We wanted to get to the air show early, because the crowd is always huge, and the traffic can be very bad. So we left while it was still a little dark outside, and then, while we were on the freeway, away from the Valley, heading out to Mojave, driving in the open, the sun began to come up, and........well, that's when this song began to play in Dave's car stereo. For real.

And it was one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, right off the bat, with a solo to match, on an album I'd describe as possibly the greatest album of guitar playing I've ever heard : "Venus Isle". Not just great in the technical sense, but in melody, tone and most of all inspiration.

I know I said I was gonna list two more solos for the Top Ten, but now I am getting tired cause it's late, so I will leave it at just this one. It's more fun this way anyhow.  :)

On a side note, because my friend Mary is once again posting a lot of pro-Trump/anti-Hillary stuff on FB, I am tempted to respond, but again I am too tired to do so in depth tonight. To talk, or write, about this subject takes a ton of concentration and stamina, because it is an overwhelming subject and also because it has gone on now for over a quarter century.

I am always looking for things to write about. In the past, on Myspace, I spent several years writing about What Happened In Northridge in 1989. I know a lot of people read it, people who were involved and yet don't want to talk about it because they don't understand what it was that happened to them. They are scared, and also confused by the probable vague nature of their recollections.

An enormous part of my life has been the study of, and a very successful attempt to recollect, what happened to all of us, and what took place during the seperate incidents that made up the whole of what was a horrible and surrealistic experience.

To focus on just one aspect of it takes hours, and there are so many aspects to consider.

For tonight, and for Mary, I would just say, once again, why were you at that apartment building?

This is something I have pondered for all this time. Why was Mary - a movie star then - at that building, a non-descript apartment complex in Reseda, in the San Fernando Valley. Why was she there that night?

I don't know why.

Maybe you do, Mary. And maybe if you do, you will start to consider talking about it, which I know is difficult because you are still a famous person.

From my standpoint, all I know is that I was involved in an everyday domestic dispute. At the end of the dispute, I was seen by paramedics. And then the next thing I knew, Mary Sean Young was at the building, and wound up driving me to the hospital, in her car, with other specific people riding with us.

Why was Mary there? Maybe because she knew, or was connected to, somebody else who was involved.

But she was there indeed. If I took a lie detector test, I'd pass.

Mary, I know you post for Trump and against Hillary Clinton. I know that a lot of people consider the Clintons to be criminals or bad people in general. But you and I know something more. We know that Bill Clinton was involved in what happened to us in 1989, in events that lasted longer than just one night, and that were so weird and frightening that to this day no one has ever talked about them.

I am getting older, and I am starting to feel that if I don't make every effort to talk about what happened to us, that my life will have been wasted.

But I also want to live my life, and enjoy it, and I have already written and posted everything I know about What Happened In Northridge in 1989. I did all that ten years ago. I want to just do fun stuff now, and enoy my life, though I'm not done with 1989, and never will be until I find out what happened to me, and why.

And so I urge you to tell what you know, because you seem interested in the truth, and in what goes on behind the scenes in the power corridors of America. If you don't like the Clintons, say why.

Tell the real reason why.

For me, I do support Hillary, and Bill too, though I know what happened in 1989, and I know it was incredibly scary and horrible for many people. It was that way for me, too.

Remember, it is something that has never been acknowledged, let alone talked about, even though many important people know that it happened, including people in the hierarchy of the LAPD, including Governor Jerry Brown (who was present for part of it), and including other famous people, including one Pretty Woman and the guy who became the President of The United States.

So Mary, stop focusing on Trump, who has no power to solve anything. He has no connection to the military, or to it's secrets. He is just a guy with a semi-appreciable amount of money, who is also an adept showman who has somehow captured the temporary fancy of the media. Despite what you hope for, he cannot even be elected, let alone "overthrow the oligarchy" as you say.

The Clintons, on the other hand, do have these connections.

Bill Clinton was there, and you know it. He may be a bad guy, as you think, or he may be a good guy, as I say. But he was right in the middle of what happened to us.

You should talk about what you know, even if you find it difficult.

This is life, after all, and one day we will all be 95 years old, and then it will be too late.

I have talked about it myself. I've written out everything I know. I did it ten years ago, and then I hoped someone else might join me, but no one did, which in retrospect I understand because for a lot of people it's scary.

But for you, Mary, you seem to have interest. That's why I mention it. That's all I wanted to say.

For almost 27 years, I have wondered, "Why was Mary at that apartment building"?

Maybe one day we will all have the courage to discuss it, and not diverge into meaningless political struggles.

For my Sweet Baby, I am sorry for the extremely unusual subject matter tonight, but I have had not a lot to write about of late, and so I am just bringing to light a few things that needed as much.

For anyone, Mary or anyone else, I would just say that - for me - I have written all I know about 1989 ten years ago, and so there are no bad feelings on my part whatsoever. All I hope for is that people will talk about it one day soon. If you do, you will begin to understand what happened to you and that while it was extremely weird, it can all be explained as well.

It's just a matter of understanding the technology that exists in the world today. Not what you are told exists, but what actually exists.

Thanks for reading, and for my Baby I say goodnight, and Sweet Dreams. No worries about the subject matter. It's just something that once happened, and was real. As you know, I more than love to write about so many, many other subjects as well.

I Love You and will see you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment