Thursday, March 31, 2016

Descanso Gardens + Movies and Other Important Stuff (late night PS)

Hi Elizabeth,

I hope all is going well, be you in Arizona or Wisconsin. I don't know if you were on FB today, but if you were you may have seen my pix from a place called Descanso Gardens, which is located out near Glendale and is one giant-sized botanical garden set on 150 acres. The layout and size of the place is similar to the Huntington Library, and the Huntington has beautiful gardens as well, but is also a museum. At Descanso, the emphasis is almost all on the gardens, and it's so beautiful that you don't wanna leave. I had heard of it all my life cause it's a local landmark, but I had never been there. I went with Pearl and her daughter Helen, who have generously invited me along on trips to the Huntington last year, and now to Descanso Gardens.

I have also been watching movies this week. I watched "The Visit" by Shyamalan, which I thought was very good, a return to form for him. It's the kind of movie where you don't wanna give even the slightest spoiler, so I'll leave it at that. Night - as he is known - is back with old school, creepy horror.

I also watched the final "Night At The Museum" movie, and yes!, I am indeed a fan of all three Museum films. Normally I don't go in for a lot of modern CGI type stuff, but these movies are so well done. They have a lot of heart and I love the Museum characters.

I also watched a really tense and effective thriller called "The Gift", which again I don't wanna ruin by describing the plot. Sometimes it's better to go into a film knowing nothing, and for me that is almost always the case. In this one, the director really knows how to keep you on edge for the entire movie, harkening back to great thrillers of the 80s and 90s (the classic era of that genre) like "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" or "Fatal Attraction". It's an exercise in really knowing how to keep the continuity going throughout the film, not breaking the feel. "The Visit" was excellent in that respect also.

I know I have missed several days posting of late, and I wanna keep writing (obviously), and I know you are working and busy, but because you are mostly not on FB these days, I just ask once again to let me know if you want or don't want me to keep writing to you. I guess I am not sure where I stand these days, that's why I skip writing so often lately. There doesn't seem to be any response from you anymore, and therefore it make conversation via blogging to be difficult.

I will be here no matter what, and it's all good on my end, and of course I know that you are working hard (as I am too), and that you are not a big FB person to begin with. But since things, i.e. conversation between you and I, has really dwindled down to near nothing for a while now, all I ask - as ever - is to let me know if you want me to keep writing, and I will do so if you want. Otherwise, I am apt to go back to my mode of years past, of "writing to myself" and just letting my thoughts pour out about whatever strikes my fancy.

So please let me know if you have a chance. I only mention it because on FB, it's not like it was in years past. I know a lot of that is due to work, but anyhow......gotta have communication for the blog to survive in current form.

I Love You. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Super Late Night PS  : I am still awake (for a few more minutes), and I saw a few new posts on FB, on the "posts You like" link, and perhaps you just now posted them? I don't know, but they pertained to how hard you are working. One was via Sarah, about how inspiration is slow in coming, taking many hours sometimes, and the other was via Nate Porter, about working 14 hour days. I sympathise with all of that, and I know you are busting your you-know-what.

I think the whole thing is fantastic, please do not forget that. Life is magic, as you know, and what we have seen happen over the last four years is magic.

So the bottom line is No Worries. I am not going anywhere. All I wanna know is, should I write about my own stuff if you don't have time to correspond........I am an empathic person, and in past years, when I had no one to be empathic to, I was only tuned into my own life and my own feelings, and I wrote about my own life.

Now, what has happened in your life in recent times has been amazing to me - like magic.

Being a person who runs basically on telepathy, or shall we say long distance communication, I can get by on small amounts of information. It basically comes down to you, and what you want out of our connection. Whatever you want, that is what I can do. It's all down to the amount of communication we have, that's all I wanted to say. But no worries, because I am here in any case.....

No comments:

Post a Comment