Saturday, March 19, 2016

Happy Friday Night + Stuff + Einaudi

Happy Late Friday Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day, as always. I was waiting around for the mechanic to call, so I could pick up Pearl's  car which has been in the shop since Wednesday. Finally it was ready around 2pm, so after that I did some shopping. Nothing fancy in other words, but soon I will try for a hike.

I liked your post about people who focus on what they don't like. That was right on the money, because I was just thinking about this election year, and the vitriol that is being spewed. Sometimes I wonder, especially when I watch the news or read FB, "don't you people ever get tired of name calling all day, every day"?

And I mean, Sweet Baby, for some of these guys who post on FB, it's like an all day thing, every day almost without fail. Republicans vs. Democrats. And that's just on the subject of politics.

The news media stirs it up, and so many people never get away from the news media, or electronic media in general. Now, just so I won't be a hypocrite, lol, I must admit that I am, obviously, almost always fairly close to a computer during work hours (which for me are many), but the computer is merely a tool, a piece of machinery. Just as with a TV set, one can choose to look at whatever one fancies.

But it seems, at least from what I see, that a whole lot of folks are focusing on negative stuff, i.e. what they don't like.

And that's the real reason they are unhappy, and why the world is the way it is.

Well, I won't go off on a tangent. I would tell people to watch a Tarkovsky film instead.

People are so easily manipulated, but that's probably always been the way of the world and I'm not sure it's gonna change anytime soon.  :)

I saw your Einaudi post, too, and all I can say is that if he comes your way, which he might because he has a new album out, do not miss him.

I got to see him, as you know, in June 2013 at the John Anson Ford Theater, which is like a miniature Hollywood Bowl, and outdoor amphitheater set against a Hollywood hillside. I was in the second row, in the center, and it was such a great concert, each piece just built and built, and you could feel the emotion in the audience. I was thinking, "man, this has both the feel of a rock concert and the precision of a classical concert". Go see him next time he plays, and you will be glad you did!

I will be going to see David Gilmour next Thursday at the Hollywood Bowl, which I am very much looking forward to. Radiohead had announced yesterday that they were gonna do two shows at The Shrine, a famous old hall that once hosted the Oscars. I (sort of) wanted to go. I have most of Radiohead's albums and when I am in the mood for their music I find them to be very awesome indeed. And I have heard that they have a great light show and sound, ala Pink Floyd. The tickets were 80 bucks, which is standard nowdays. No biggie. But both shows sold out in 15 seconds, just like the Lush show at the Roxy did last month.

I wasn't that bummed. For one thing, 80 bucks is still 80 bucks, and for another, I like Radiohead a lot but do not have to see them live. I suppose the major thing is that I am tired of going to concerts by myself, so I only go to the "must-sees".

All I need is somebody to do stuff with (hint, hint)........  :)

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. I Love You and will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment