Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter + Arizona + Bunny

Hi, my Darling,

I hope you had a Happy Easter. I saw this morning that you are back in Arizona and working on the same film as on your last visit. Are you guys flying back and forth? Driving? Well, it would be an adventure either way, as well as a great experience. I liked your photo of the mountains. It almost looks like it's part of the Grand Canyon, but you probably would've said so if it were, so maybe it's part of the Painted Desert or near Red Rocks or Sedona. From pictures I've seen, the mountains of Arizona have that look all over in many locations. Colorful mountains with plateaus.

You are racking up a lot of work already this year, almost non-stop! I am guessing your latest band video has been shot and perhaps awaiting post production? So you are in full-on scheduling mode, which is what happens when you are a pro.

And you are in fact a Professional now.  Pretty cool, eh?  :)

Our Easter service was really good this morning. We had many more people in church, as often happens on Easter and Christmas, and so we got to sing in front of a good crowd. We did good, and several choir members reported compliments afterward. I had one young guy whom I've never seen before shake my hand and say "Thank You". So that was pretty cool, too. I have been having fun watching online videos from the Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy, which trains a lot of American Idol people and those types of modern professional singers - i.e. people who belt it out, lol, and so I was belting it out myself this morning, and I miraculously hit all my high notes. Thank you Ken Tamplin. That's learning by osmosis once again.

I was sort of wanting to go to the final David Gilmour show which was tonight at The Forum, but it didn't work out (didn't wanna go by myself and Grimsley didn't wanna spend big bux for a ticket), so I just chilled instead. I am just grateful I got to see Thursday's show at The Bowl, and it was a great week, also seeing that amazing performance of "The Passion Play" last Wednesday.

Tonight - you might not believe this one but it's true - I went to return a movie to Redbox ("Room", a subtle yet very powerful and moving film) - and after that I went for a CSUN walk, down to the Orange Grove. And I was walking past the duck pond, all the ducks and geese tucked in for the night, and as I turned north on the cement path that leads back to the campus, I heard a scurrying sound coming from the row of orange trees on my left. I am always attuned to my surroundings, and interested in anything unusual, and it kinda works on autopilot, I think. Because for some reason the scurrying sound caused me to stop.

Things happen fast when you notice something, and your mind makes calculations and decisions before you are aware of them. You react after your mind has done these things.

So, in real time, I was walking through the orange grove, past the duck pond with it's sleeping birds, and I was thinking of nothing in particular when the sudden scurrying sound caused me to stop. And I think it was because I had also seen a shape, running away from the orange tree as I passed by.

The shape said "squirrel". But my mind said, "squirrels are asleep at night". Maybe it's a possum.

But the scurrier had stopped. Possums never do. And the scurrier was small, like a squirrel.

So I stopped, and then took a few steps back, because the small scurrier had stopped as well, in between two orange trees.

I wanted to see who it was, and it was a Bunny. Yeah, no kidding.

I have been walking through the Orange Grove for many years, and have never seen a single bunny rabbit, because there are none up at CSUN. Bunnies exist on the outskirts of the Valley, on the trails and parks where I hike. But I have never seen one on the campus.

Not until tonight. On Easter Sunday. And only because I heard the scurrying, and stopped to investigate.

I have a bunch of photos of Bunnies at Aliso Canyon and other locations. Maybe tonight's Bunny was saying, "Yeah.....but I'm the Real Deal, the Easter Bunny himself"!

In accordance with the meaning of the holiday, it strengthened my faith.

I love you and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 


No comments:

Post a Comment