Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hikes, Sandstone, Leverage & Sweet Babyism

Hi, Sweet Baby,

Happy Monday Night. Are you still in New Mexico? I liked your photo this morning and was very glad that you got to explore the area and go for a hike. That is super cool! I was just talking about the mountains in NM, and here you've got a photo depicting them. The rocks look like.......hmmm, are they sandstone, like at Santa Susana? They kind of look like sandstone, but then again there also looks to be a harder element. Not granite, and I am trying to remember what the San Gabriels are made of. They are the mountains next to the Santa Susanas........anyhow, I can't recall the element other than sandstone, but that's an awesome looking mountainside in your pic. It reminds me a little of the Devil's Slide at Santa Su, except your mountain may be higher, and it also has a stream.

Rocky hikes rule! One of my favorite things on The Slide is the "coming down" part, where you just kind of pick which rock you are gonna step down on next, like a "boing-boing-boing" kinda thing. You just eyeball it as you are going down and pick the best rock, while you are in stride, to keep your balance and momentum going. It's like taking a really weird and jagged staircase down the hillside.

Well, that's great that you got to go on your hike, and that you got to go to New Mexico period. If you are still there, then I will guess that it's not a band tour, per se, but a different type of shoot. A tour would not remain in one place, so maybe you are shooting a video? Maybe you can't reveal what it is, due to client obligations, so it can be a surprise. But overall, I just think it's great that you got to go, and that new work is coming your way. I knew it would, and there will be more to come!  :)

I had a basic workday, but because Pearl had an appointment with her foot doctor, I got to take Kobi on an L.A. River walk, which he always enjoys. Our section of the river, as you know, is not a river but a former river from 100 years ago, that has been a concrete-lined flood control channel since the 1930s. The actual Los Angeles River was drained back then by the Army Corps Of Engineers. I mean, imagine draining a river. What's up with that, right? Lol. But those guys can engineer anything, and the Dutch drained all their land centuries ago, so it's doable.

Man, people are weird, lol. The things they figure out how to do never ceases to amaze me. If I was living next to a river, and it was flooding (as our LA River used to do) and destroying cropland, I'd be like, "hmmm, I guess I'll move to another location".

But the Army Corps Of Engineers - and engineers in general - are guys who look at problems from the point of leverage. The old Archimedes trip of "give me a lever big enough and I'll move the world".

I think you have to be born with an Engineer Brain to think of doing that kind of stuff, and I only remark on it because I took The 'Ster on a dogwalk down by what we call the river, but what is actually a concrete lined, nearly empty channel that snakes from the north end of The Valley all the way to the Pacific Ocean in Long Beach.

I saw your post about James' singular cooking method, "just add cheese", and that cracked me up. Wisconsin should consider making him a spokesman for the industry, as he is a leading Cheesehead. We in California revere cheese, too, and we make a ton of it - as previously noted by me - but I fear we will never surpass you guys in sheer Cheese Leadership. Especially because of the one-track-mindedness of guys like James......

Lastly, I saw your Sweet Baby pic, of the little one born on Leap Day. Of course I loved it: Sweet Babyism at it's finest. :):)

Best wishes for whatever you are working on, and continue to have a blast in New Mexico.

I Love You and will see you in the morning!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment