Sunday, March 20, 2016

George Harrison, Christ, Happy Saturday

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice Saturday. I was shopping with my sister Vickie, and then this evening listening to my new Bill Nelson CD, "Perfect Monsters", which just came in the mail. I also watched more of Martin Scorcese's George Harrison movie (did I mention I was watching it?), and because it is 3hrs. 45mins. long, I am watching it over a few nights rather than all at once. That's okay to do with a lengthy documentary, to break it up in pieces, but never ever for a feature film!

I must stress that as a Rule Of Cinema. :)

At any rate, between the book and the movie, I am All George Harrisoned Out. In a good way, mind you, but still. I have been steeping in Harrisonian details for some weeks now, and I think he may just be the most interesting Beatle, which I probably already mentioned, too. I also finished the Lita Ford book, which is one hell of a rock n' roll story, especially from a woman's perspective, and that of a former Runaway.

So now that I have begun the year with several rock bios, including the excellent Van Halen book, it is time to get back to the mysterious writings of Dr. Farrell and maybe some yet unknown writers and books who will keep me interested in All Things Weird And Yet Truthful. You can never have too much Weird, you know.....or truth.

That was a very touching post by your friend Tristan, and I think it illustrates a point about not judging people. As a preface, I will say that while I believe in Jesus Christ, I do not identify as a Christian, per se, and that is for a lot of very specific reasons, having to do with groups and group mentalities and labels and all kinds of other things. To me, the idea of being a Christian is on the inside, though having said that, I love singing in the choir at Pearl's church, and our Pastor gives incredible sermons that go right to the heart of Jesus' words......

But for me, because of the judgement, and thus the argument - on both sides, from atheists and judgemental "Christians" - I don't want to participate in that. And it doesn't happen in Pearl's church, where the message is wonderful and the people are nice, so I just mean in the American scene in general.

Christianity as portrayed by America, and distributed by the American media.

For me, I will just tell you that when I was very little, like four years old, I knew there was my parents. They were "in charge" and I obviously depended on them for everything as a small child. But - and I have memories from being very small - I can remember being all alone, maybe at night in bed, and just feeling this other, immediate presence. A direct connection. And I knew what it was.

And so I've been talking to God all my life. I just don't wanna get caught up in the group argument, or even the group agreement of the whole thing. God, and Jesus - for me - is a private thing.

I have mentioned that when I was in my early 20s, as I assume your friend Tristan to be, I too was......what was I?.........an Atheist?.......I'm not sure. I think I was, but it was probably a defensive stance. Or a "know-it-all" stance. When I was in my 20's, I knew everything there was to know.  :)  (good grief, Ad)

But at any rate, all of that is just me. Tristan is very observant, and inclusive, to open himself up to accept the prayers of a lady he does not know. And from what he writes in his post, she does not seem at all like the obnoxious "Christian" stereotype that has been portrayed over the past several decades, i.e. the kind of person who says "I will pray for you" while inside sending vibes of judgement at the person they are praying for. Tristan's story showed the motives of a person coming from a true Christian perspective, I think.

A person who cares about another person, pure and simple. 

So, a beautiful story, and I hope your friend is doing well.

You know I am strongly against the negativity and divisiveness that is plaguing this country, and I know you are too, and it's time for some reflection, and respect, on all sides.

For me, I do not have an opinion on anyone's religious or spiritual beliefs may be. I only know my own. All I wish for is peace for people.

I think that if you nurture that feeling, no matter what your religion or philosophy, you are on the right track.

I also saw the Sweet Baby pic, on the beach, from your friend Vaia. I think it was meant that way..

So here's to Sweet Babyism! 

Wanna go to the beach?  :):)

I Love You and will see you early before church and then again after church, around 1:30pm.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment