Thursday, March 10, 2016

Great News About All The Upcoming Work (plus Wanna Do Some Travelling Myself, Placerita Video, Please Go Away Bernie, & Pop Punk)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

That was some itinerary you posted this morning! Wow. I knew things were gonna start happening once the year got going, and now everything is happening at once. :) That makes me happy. So it was an educational video in New Mexico, then? Maybe from a connection at the University, one of your teachers or classmates perhaps? It's awesome that you are getting to travel in addition to the work, and going to Arizona will be a blast. One of the places I wanna see real bad is the Grand Canyon, and also the Red Desert around Sedona. Man, I wanna drive all over America, or take the train, just cause I haven't seen anything. All I need is someone to come with me.

And the time to do it. But I could actually do some short trips during one of the times when I have a week off. I am tired of doing stuff alone, though. I already go to most concerts by myself, and all my hikes are by myself, because when you get to your 50s people are either too busy or they just don't have the energy for stuff. On that score, I need someone to go to Disneyland with me. I'm probably gonna develop a condition if I don't go soon, lol.

Today was pretty good. I took The Kobester to Northridge Park while Pearl was at her Reseda Woman's Club meeting. We walked at least a half mile, and it is amazing to see how well The 'Ster is doing. He is my buddy and I am so grateful to have him around.

Later, after I took Pearl home from the meeting, I zipped up to Placerita Canyon. Had time for a 75 minute hike about 2/3rds of the way to Walker Ranch, which lies two miles up at the other end of the trail. I shot a whole bunch of video snippets, most about 20 to 30 seconds long, and they looked good in the camera playback, but when I uploaded a couple, they looked "less good". I don't think the problem is entirely the cam, because everybody in the known world uploads video from all kinds of sources, mainly phones, and a lot of it looks pretty clear online. So maybe it's because of my Chromebook, I dunno. I mean, the stuff doesn't look horrible, but there is something "not right" about it. It happens mainly when you pan. Things start to "melt" a bit. If I pan verrry, verrrrrrrry slowwwwly........then the melt effect isn't so bad.

Anyway, I did do one splice, joining one snippet to another on Youtube, using their editor. It takes forever; five minutes just to upload a 20 second clip, and another five to process it. Other than that, it is pretty easy to use, and you can add fades and other transitions between clips.

I really loved tape, in the "old days", because you could do the whole thing in the camera if you wanted to shoot that way, in order. And then you could fix all the little "bumps" just by trimming the ends off.

This new digital process (or new to me, anyway, haha) seems to be very time consuming, and so I don't know how many vids I'll be able to put together, or if I'll be able to have as much fun with it as originally planned. That's what I do love about digital still photography, is that I can shoot and then - boom! - have it online as soon as I get to my computer. The video process is a whole 'nuther story, but I did figure out that one edit, and transition, so maybe I can figure out how to get the quality up to par. If not, no biggie......

We watched another debate tonight, and I thought Hillary did very well. I heard all the people chanting for Bernie while the pundits were talking at the end, and I won't say that I hope they wise up, because they won't. I just hope the polling predictions hold this time, despite what happened in Michigan. If they do hold, and the predictions are correct, then Hillary will win both Florida and Ohio, and the Bernie faction will quiet down. If she can have a big day next Tuesday, it can all be over except for defeating Trump. But I worry about the Bernie Backers possibly going over to Trump if he loses the Democratic nomination to Hillary, because it's really two sides of the same coin - disaffected extreme right-wingers going for Trump and disaffected extreme leftists going for Bernie.

Oh well, screw it. Bring on Florida and Ohio and then bye bye Bernie. Then Trump is toast, too.///

I saw a few of your posts today and they all seemed to have to do with music. One was another pop-punk reference, lol, so something is up with that, I think.  :)

Either it is an in-joke with your friends, or maybe a nudge at me, but if so, remember that I've said I actually like a few pop-punk songs, like Green Day or The Offspring or Sublime. I mean, it's nothing I would ever buy or see in concert, but there was some catchy stuff on the radio by those bands, and a few others, back in the 90s.....

So if you're tryin' to get me with pop-punk, it won't work I tell ya.  :)

Get me with The Clash, or something really awful like that. The Police, even.......  :)

(although they don't bug me as much as they used to.....I must be mellowing, not necessarily a good sign).

Well, that's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. I'm glad things are going so well, and I will now predict that the trend will continue!

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment