Thursday, March 16, 2017

Film Seminar + Medal For Being A Cheesehead + "Sully"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I liked the photo you posted along with your notice about the seminar next week. I am guessing it is a still from the short film you mentioned? That is a beautiful doggie in the picture with you, and he or she is definitely tuned in to your wavelength as they say.......it's a really nice photo of you both.  :)

I hope you get a good turnout next Wednesday (and I bet you will), and I hope that those of us who can't be there (like me) will get a chance to see it also.  :)  Both films, I mean : yours with Tina, and the one in which you acted.

I also saw the post via James - his photographic paean to The Sacred Grilled Cheese, replete with a side of Cheese-Its.  :)

I predict he will soon be given the Cheesehead Medal Of Honor, or whatever is the highest order of valor in Wisconsin, for his unflagging loyalty to, and promotion of The Sandwich.

I used to pound boxes of Cheese-Its in my younger days, so I hope I've contributed something to the cause.

I had a nice hike at Aliso Canyon this afternoon, 2.75 miles. I should call it a walk, because compared to a real hike like O'Melveny, that's what it is, just a flat-ground walk for the most part, but it's always beautiful, and the water is still running, four weeks since the last rain. Amazing!

Tonight's movie was "Sully" by Clint Eastwood and starring Tom Hanks in one of his best roles. Everybody remembers this story, although in cities outside New York the full extent of what happened was not as well known perhaps. Eastwood presents it simply and factually, but he breaks the story up to build the drama, and doesn't present the plane crash right away. Instead, he begins with an NTSB investigation into Sully's decision to land the plane in the Hudson River, in order to find him at fault. This is what I mean when I say that we, in other parts of the country, may not have known all of what happened. I did not know that he was even investigated by the NTSB; I just thought he was acknowledged as a hero and that was that.

But this aspect, the investigation and the attempt to place blame versus what he actually did to save everyone on board, is the real thrust of the movie. As a true life story, it's one of the best I've seen in recent years. Hanks is so great, as is the supporting cast, and it will put a lump in your throat in many places throughout the film.

That's all I know for tonight. Finishing up the LBJ book while listening to the new Mike Oldfield.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment