Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Great Photo + Balloons, Toys & Kids

Happy Late Tuesday Night, Sweet Baby,

That was a fantastic photo this morning. The colors are amazing, and also the proportions of space, with the large red background and the placement of the subject and the balloons - it just looks great, like it could be a billboard or something. I am glad that you have another new client, and that you guys had fun making the video. You mentioned the joy you experienced in giving the balloons away to the kids - I know that one of my favorite things as a very small child was to have a balloon. For one thing, there were several different sensations involved. You could bat them around (fun!), or sometimes they popped (startling!), or you could blow them up from scratch and then tie them off (creating), and maybe for me, the most fun of all was to make water balloons and throw them at my siblings........during Summer of course. We had many a water balloon war in those days, and such was the versatility of balloons.

Helium balloons were a whole different thing altogether. They were exotic, they floated upward. They wanted to escape and so had to be tethered to keep them from doing so. To get a helium balloon was extra special, and every kid, young or older, knows the sensation of wrapping the string (usually similar to Christmas ribbon) around your finger so as to get a good hold on the gravity defying balloon. Then you've got it under control. These are all little details that kids notice! Which is why getting a helium balloon is a big deal for them. :) So it made your day, and the kids' day too.

One last use for helium balloons........you know what it is. :)

It's usually reserved for adolescents or teenagers.

Untying the balloon, inhaling the helium, and talking like Alvin and The Chipmunks. Big fun!

But yeah, when you said that giving the balloons to the kids made your and Anna's day, it reminded me of all the sensations associated with balloons, and how kids notice them.......

And I just thought of one last one : it's more obscure, but still many kids would know it. It's when you rub a balloon on your shirt to make static electricity, and then it will "stick" to the wall for a little while. Pretty cool!

So there you have it : fun with balloons from an overgrown kid who remembers.

I saw several other music oriented posts, including the new single from Versus Me. They got a real high tech production on that one, seems like they've got some "push" behind them,  which is good for you too.

Today the Sun finally came out, a clear sky, no clouds. Still pretty chilly, but I'll take what I can get.  :)

No hike because of Tuesday Golden Agers, but maybe tomorrow. Tonight's movie was another in the Charlie Chan series, "The Chinese Cat". These films stick to a formula, but it works, and I've seen four of 'em so far. They are a blast, pure escapist fun from the mid-40s.

I will look forward to seeing your video, it's gonna have a great look, very creative.

And since you have me thinking about childhood toys, it reminds me that - for a couple years now - I've been meaning to buy a gyroscope. Yep, that was another favorite of mine as a five year old. And a prism. Definitely need to get another prism.

And a Spirograph. Do they still make those? Spirograph was one of the great Art Toys of the 1960s, and I made a lot of Spirograph drawings back then.....

But most of all, I think I need a Superball. I don't know if generations since are aware of Superballs, or even if they make them anymore, but a Superball was a billiard ball sized ball of hyperresponsive black rubber. It was the kind of toy they came up with for kids back when all these new synthetic formulations were coming into the consumer realm. Superballs were downright crazy - you could bounce one off the sidewalk and over the top of a twenty foot tree with no trouble at all. Bigger kids could bounce them higher. My own favorite trick was to take a Superball into the hallway of our house, and wind up and throw it as hard as I could against one side.....

You could turn out the lights for Extra Effect : Pitch Darkness in the hallway. And then you would throw the Superball as hard as you could against one side of the hallway.......and it would go wham-wham-wham-wham-wham back and forth between the walls, horizontally, at about waist level, and defying gravity for several seconds.

You just had to be careful you didn't bean yourself. /////

But there you have it - toys and kids, from an expert who just so happens to still be a kid!  :)

And that's all I know for tonight, SB. I will see you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment