Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Just Saying Hi

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Just checking in to say hi. I hope all is well with you; you're no doubt working on various projects and getting your album ready to release. I didn't see any posts over the weekend, but today I saw a Taya Iv post and photo, and one from an awards show, for WJJO I think, so perhaps you went to that.

I'm just workin' as always. Hikes at Santa Susana (Saturday) and Aliso (today). Tonight I started a movie : "Bloody Mama" (1970) from director Roger Corman the legendary B (or C,D or F) movie director. :) "Bloody Mama" was the story of real life gangstress Ma Barker, who operated in the 1930s during the era of John Dillinger and Al Capone. Barker robbed banks with her sons, a regular Family Gang haha.

In the movie she is played by Shelly Winters, who was a very good actress when paired with a good director. Roger Corman was neither a good nor bad director. What he was, was a cheap director, a "factory director" who just cranked out low-budget movie after low-budget movie, and the results show it. I'd read some promising reviews of "Bloody Mama", which I discovered on Google after watching part of "Bonnie and Clyde" on TCM a few weeks ago, and so I ordered it from the Libe. It does have some good actors, most notably Robert DeNiro in a very early role, playing one of Ma's sons. The locations are good, too. It was shot in the Ozark mountains from whence the gang originated. This seemed to be a more upscale Corman production in that respect.

But all in all, despite the excitement generated by the gang's exploits, the movie just didn't have enough story to hold my interest. Good cast, fair acting, but still...........Roger Corman. I know he is heralded as a "legend" by many film fanatics, but I have never seen a truly good picture from him, and I gave up on "Bloody Mama" at the 45 minute mark.

Oh well, more time to read about Egyptian mathematics and the insane LBJ while listening to Bill Nelson. :)

That's all for tonight. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment