Saturday, March 25, 2017

Great Pix! + General Friday Stuff

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I loved those pictures of James and his doggie! Those were so sweet, and so well done, I'll bet James is very happy with them.  :) My favorite was the pic of the doggie kiss - did you have to wait a bit to get that one? I've always thought that animal or pet photographers must have to wait for the pets to pose a certain way or do something cute. All I know is that trying to get Kobi to sit still for a photo is next to impossible, which is why I've hardly ever posted a pic of him. Every time I try to take one, he turns his head or moves. But yeah, those are so good - my other favorite is the close shot of the dog wearing the bow tie. That's perfect.  :)

Not much to report on my end. I did take the crew to Lake Balboa, but the rest of the afternoon was kind of in limbo. I was supposed to take Kobi to the groomer at 3pm, but that got cancelled because she was sick, so no hike, no groomer, too late in the afternoon to get anything done.

No movie tonight, either. Instead, Grimsley came over. I hadn't seen him for a while, so we hung out and talked, about LBJ, David Icke, 9/11, Oklahoma City, Trump, Steven Greer, "Moonlight" (the best picture winner) and a whole ton of other stuff. Grim is always a good conversationalist.

Saw parts of "Wizard Of Oz" and "Clockwork Orange" on TCM at Pearl's, this evening and late night. "Wizard" is a classic through and through, of course, and even more than that : it's mythology, it touches something deep inside us, the hope for eternal life and love, and familiar surroundings.

"Clockwork" on the other hand, I found a bit annoying. I only saw bits and pieces, as I did my evening work, but I have always found Kubrick's style to be sterile and somewhat smarmy, as if he is making fun of the audience. The movie has a unique look, to be sure, and an original concept. But the dialogue is interspersed with affected slang, and the acting is deliberately stilted, to effect a "superior", "I know better than you" attitude on the part of Stanley Kubrick, who I have never thought was that great of a director. I know many folks consider him a genius, and an all-time great, but I am not one of those people......

Well, that's all the news for tonight.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment