Monday, May 29, 2017

Good Singin' + Monsters In Rubber Suits Rule

Happy Late Sunday Night, my Darling,

Super tired tonight, from getting up early for church and then driving straight to Burbank afterwards to take my sister shopping. I got a nice compliment from our Pastor, though. He said my singing is very inspiring, which made me happy. We also had a good anthem today.

Tonight I watched a classic sci-fi movie from 1958, called "It! The Terror From Beyond Space". There is actually an exclamation point in the title, and the Creature is said to come from "beyond space". Imagine that, SB.......... ;)

In the movie he comes from Mars, but I guess if you were a producer and you had to choose from being literal : "The Terror From Mars", or something more fantastical : "The Terror From Beyond Space",  you'd choose the latter. There might be a patron or two who'd want their money back because the Creature does not actually come from Beyond Space, but overall you'd probably be packing the house, and so the title was a wise choice I think, as was the exclamation point. (!)

I bought the dvd of this movie from Amazon because it was said to be the influence for the original "Alien" movie, which came out in 1979. And lo and behold, it is! In tonight's movie, a Monster stows away on board a space ship heading home from Mars, and in "Alien", a Monster stows away on a space ship leaving the moon of some planet or another - not Mars - but anyhow it is easy to see the parallels. "It" is classic 50s sci fi, with a really cool looking space ship, great 50s style special effects, a concerned cast of serious scientists (both men and women) and a Gigantic Scary Monster in a rubber suit!

You can't beat that combination, SB, and what's more, the movie wasn't even cheesy but was well done. If I had seen it when I was 7 or 8, it would have scared the bejeezus out of me. I can see why it had such an effect on Ridley Scott, that he would basically remake it 20 years later.

Now I need More Monster Movies! They've gotta be sci-fi this time around, however. No Frankensteins, Draculas or Wolfmen. No Mummies. I love all those guys, but I've seen every last film in the past couple years, so now it's gotta be 1950s sci-fi monsters, played by guys in rubber suits.

On the dvd I bought, there is a second feature called : "The Monster That Challenged The World".

Now how's that for a title? A Monster Who "Challenged The World".

That means he was willing to take on the entire world! So he must be one heck of a Monster!

I will watch that one either tomorrow night or Tuesday night, and I expect to have The Bejeezus scared out of me. Just as long as the Monster is wearing a rubber suit, that is.....

And that's all I know for tonight. I didn't see any posts today, but I imagine you are working on pics from your trip, or a project, or just enjoying your weekend.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment