Sunday, May 28, 2017

Greek Festival + Clothes Shopping + Pop Songs Are Easy + Hoping To Hike Again

Happy Saturday Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice start to your weekend. You are probably working on editing all the photos you took as well. I went with my sister Vickie to the Greek Festival at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Northridge. The have the festival every Memorial Day weekend and I always go, which you probably know from my yearly posts, lol. This year was extra interesting because last Winter I was very engrossed in my book by Fr. Seraphim Rose, called "Genesis, Creation and Early Man", and so I knew a lot more about the Orthodox tenets than I have in the past. And, this time I knew all of the Saints they have in the mosaics, like St. Basil, St. Gregory the Theologian & St. John Chrysostom. I didn't volunteer anything to the lady giving us the tour, but it was cool to think to myself, "hey, I know that" when she referred to various points in church history.

The book by Fr. Seraphim remains one of the Ten Greatest Books I Have Ever Read, sheerly from an intellectual point of view.

We had fun also watching the dancers, including the little kids in Greek costume who performed traditional line dancing to the music of a live band. I love the Greek Festival, and if I have time I will go back Monday, the final day of the fest.

That was really all the news for the day, except I went out to the Northridge Mall to buy three new pair of pants and three new shirts at Penny's. I'm not much of a clothes horse, and I tend to wear stuff until it wears out, but I wanted some shirts especially besides just t-shirts, and so I got some nice colorful button up type shirts.

Tomorrow's song is a piece of cake, as are the ones scheduled for the next few weeks. Last week's song set a new standard for me personally, and because I thought I did pretty well singing it, I am hoping we will get a chance to sing other difficult pieces. The contemporary ones in the "pop" style are very easy, and I could even be a lead singer in a band, I think, were I so inclined.

I can belt it out these days, SB!  :)   (who knew?)

Well, that's all for tonight. Still gotta buy a new cam, might take another week or two. Don't wanna rush it.

Hoping to go for hikes in the future, even just ones that are close by. Job is very, very time consuming these days, though. Not easy.

But any hike will be a good hike, and to take some pics again will be great too.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment