Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Verdict Is In, And It's Unanimous + Wow!

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well, Elizabeth........the verdict is in, and it's unanimous : "Beautiful"! That is the word that appears again and again in the comments for your video, and I would add "Exceptionally". First I must say "Wow"! for the official and long standing reason, and then I must also add the baseball citation of "Goodbye Mr. Spalding", which I have also used before but which is especially applicable in this case. If you Google that phrase you'll see that it refers to the hitting of a Home Run.

That song is very beautiful, and it is your voice which takes it over the top. You have a quality in your voice that I have referred to as "pure", i.e. clean, pure soprano. But you also have an emotional component, especially in the high register, that is very affecting. You straight up have a beautiful singing voice, and that is said in considering the whole thing : vocal tone, range, ability to emote, phrasing, and that.....quality.

I'll tell you something, and it's obvious anyway : if Pricilla Ahn heard your version, she would also be saying that it is beautiful, I guarantee you. :)

The viola counterpoint is a nice compliment to your vocal, like a steady backdrop.

Well, SB, you sure learned to play that instrument quickly! I know it was not a complex part, but still : just learning how to bow is hard enough. And to hit the stops on a much smaller and fretless board. Not easy! How did you do it in so short a time?

I will tell you how : because you have exceptional musical talent, that's how.

I am not joking you, and you already know that, but man-oh-man has it ever developed in the last few years.

You can take it as far as you want to, Elizabeth.......you are that good.

One question : do you regularly rehearse your voice? I know you had some time in choir and vocal coaching, but do you regularly "exercise" your voice these days? I am guessing yes. I know that for me, and I have only been singing weekly for 2 1/2 years, that if I don't practice then I will have problems, not so much with range anymore but with suppleness. That's why I am always singing in the car, lol.

Well, anyhow, so............yeah.  :)

You are really feeling the song, and that translates directly to the listener, so we can feel it too.

I had not heard of Pricilla Ahn, but I see she is pretty popular and has played with some very big names. The lyrics of the song are beautiful as well, and I can see what they mean to you.  :)

That's all I really know for the day. I mean, double and triple Wow.........and everyone agrees!

I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment