Friday, May 26, 2017

SB! Super Important!

Happy Early Afternoon, Sweet Baby,

I wasn't able to write last night because for some crazy reason I cannot access my blog dashboard on Chromebook #2 at Pearl's. Whatever the problem is, it just started last night. Normally, on Chrome (and I assume on all computers), when I turn the computer on when I come back to Pearl's at night, all the pages I normally use come right back on where I left them. And I usually have a window opened for my blog, so when I turn the computer back on, at any time, the window for my blog, or my blog dashboard, is right as I left it.

But last night, when I got back to Pearl's, I turned the computer on, and the window for Blogger (which should have been my control "dashboard" right as I always leave it) only said "Welome". Then it said "you are not the author of any blogs yet. Start a new one"!

I was thinking, "oh brother........but maybe it's just a glitch". So I tried everything I could think of to access the dashboard, and nothing worked. Same deal this morning. I have tried the Google Help Forum (Blogger is part of Google), and they told me that it might be because I am signed in to the wrong account, but I only have one Google account. Or, I suppose I have two - one for this computer at home and one for Chromebook #2 at Pearl's. Anyway, I tried signing out and signing back in, I tried changing my password......nothing has worked. And the Google Help Forum has so far been unable to answer my questions or fix the problem. I was worried that I had been blocked for some reason, and so I am greatly relieved to see that I can still access the blog here at home. I was all ready to start a new blog at a new address, which I wasn't sure you would be able to find (which would be horrible). I suppose I could have posted it on FB, but anyway........I am glad I can access the blog here at home!

I will keep working to fix the problem at Pearl's, because I like to write from there. "Happy Late Night" is my best writing time!

I will write again this evening, however, from here at home, just in case I still cannot access at Pearl's.

Man, this computer stuff is confusing! You have to have so many different passwords and account settings, and all the language is very confusing. And the thing is - I didn't touch anything. I didn't change anything, didn't change any settings or passwords initially. All I did was turn the computer off at Pearl's when I went to bed Wednesday night, like I always do. And then, when I turned it back on yesterday, all of a sudden I can't access my blog dashboard. And it's weird, too, because I can access all my past blogs at the blogspot url, as if I were a reader of the blog. All old blogs are still there, right up to Wednesday night. But I can't access the dashboard to write a new one......

Anyway, I am repeating myself now, lol.

Thank goodness it still works from here at home!

I will do my best to fix the problem at Pearl's, and even though I am nearly computer illiterate, I am very good at trial-and-error and have fixed some very difficult computer glitches in the past, just by persistence.

So keep your fingers crossed, and I will write again later today, hopefully from Pearl's but if not, from here at home.

This morning's self-portrait was once again Incredible!

See you in a little while (huge sigh of relief that the blog still works here at home.....)

I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment