Sunday, May 21, 2017

Happy Saturday + Cam Needs Cleaning + Legato Singing In The Morn

Happy Saturday Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day, and a good show tonight, if indeed you had a show. I thought you did because of yesterday's post. If you did, I am sure you got some great shots.  :)

Not much to report from me, though I hope to get outdoors next week. I have to take my camera into the shop to have the sensor cleaned, unfortunately. When I was taking my last posted shot, of the b&w sky with the sun rays behind the clouds, I noticed a blurry black spot on the screen. It kept appearing in all my shots that evening, and I didn't know what it was. I figured it was electronic damage of some kind, but after Googling I see it is merely some dust or dirt on the sensor. Which is probably just as bad, because they charge a lot to take apart your cam and clean it. I've heard between 50 and 100 bucks. Also, you have to send your cam out and trust it in the hands of strangers, which I am not thrilled about.

My camera is only a Panasonic point-and-shoot, but it's handy for hikes and climbing, and I've gotten a lot of great shots with it over the years. I keep saying I am gonna get me an SLR (which was all I ever used in the film days) and maybe this year I will get one, but I love my little Panasonic........so I guess I will pay to get it cleaned. I have no other choice if I wanna keep using it. In the photo I posted, I managed to hide the black smudge in a dark part of the clouds. But you can find it if you look closely, haha. I will probably take the cam to Best Buy (where I bought it) or Hooper Camera (the local pro shop) sometime next week. In the meantime, I will shoot some film with my Pentax ME Super, my main cam from the 90s.

But first, I've gotta get back outside. Easier said than done these days, but I will do it.

Tomorrow in church, we will be singing a song that is one of the most challenging yet, in terms of legato singing. It's called "My Song In The Night", and there are Youtube videos of it being sung, but all by medium to large choirs. To do it smoothly in the legato style with a ten member choir will be a bit of a trick, but I am ready. I've been practicing all week in the car!  :)

I will drink two or three cups of water before leaving for church tomorrow morning. I find it helps loosen the throat up.

Well, that's all for tonight. They showed "Eraserhead" on TCM tonight! I could hardly believe it was on TV, but I watched part of it with Pearl, lol. I don't know if you've ever seen it, but besides being mega-weird it has some of the greatest b&w imagery ever put on film, and an ultimate capturing of grey scale.......

See you tomorrow. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment