Thursday, May 4, 2017

"Selva Obscura" + Work Through Setbacks + Listen To Your Spirit

Happy Late Wednesday Night, Sweet Baby,

I liked your video for "Selva Obscura"! You got some great Steadicam type shots of passing by the leaves, which gives an effect of gliding through the woods. Tina always sets the right tone in the videos she appears in, perhaps playing as a "stand in" for you the director. The music goes perfectly with the pictures, so now you have some experience with scoring. As I've heard it described, it is literally as you said - just a matter of watching clips over and over and timing each one so you will know how many seconds or minutes a section of music must be. And then allowing the images in each scene to dictate an appropriate theme.

That is a beautiful park you shot in, and I know I have seen it before in your still pics. Does the trail in the woods lead out to that open area and cliff overlooking the lake (or river) as in the video? Or did you shoot at two different locations, 1) wooded park and 2) lake/river park?

It looks and sounds great in either case. :)

Not having taken any Lit classes in school, I must admit I did not know the title reference, although I of course know Dante's Inferno. I just haven't read it, lol. Must remedy that one day soon.  :)

I was not aware you were having setbacks last Summer, but I hope all is going well now. Just remember, there is no turning back now. This is What You Do. As we discussed long ago, there will from time to time be periods of boom and periods of bust. But as long as you have your bottom line finances covered, your basic bills paid, you will be okay. And for you, most of the time it will be smooth sailing. You have so many talents and many connections that in the long run you will have nothing to worry about. A big, big part of it is just imaging how your life is going to be. Imaging (i.e. visualising) is one step beyond imagining. Imagining is saying "what if", and Imaging is saying "this is what will be".

And you did that, just by making your video for "Selva Obscura" in a time of uncertainty. You pushed through the setbacks by continuing to create. Anyway, take it from me because I am an all-time champ at never giving up and making my life my own vs. what the world thinks it should be. I did not have your array of talents, but what I did have was willpower (and a lot of help from various people), and while I did not always know what I wanted to do, I certainly knew what I did not want to do, as I have said. And as I went along, I realised that life is mostly created from within. And if you just stay 100% true to yourself (and keep the bottom line bills paid), and if you mentally say to yourself "nothing is gonna stop me", and visualise your life down to the smallest details, that it is pretty much guaranteed that your life is gonna work out in the general direction you have steered it in.

For an Artist, I would just say : just create, and stay focused on that, and on your inner dialogue. Life is trying to tell you, and show you, how big it is.

Well, I could go on and on all day about these things as you know.  :) But you already know what I am talking about.

Today was a gorgeous 90 degrees, so I took The Crew to Lake Balboa, and then at 3pm I even had time for a short hike at Limekiln Canyon. No pics, but soon I will have some to post. It's just a matter of having time for more outings. No movie or shows tonight, just reading my books and working on my latest drawing.

I saw a few posts, mostly music related and one for Sarah's upcoming tour, so all of that is great too.

If you have always felt just a little different, and that your life was just a little different, you felt that way for a Reason. And that's because your Spirit knew ahead of time what your life was gonna be.

So listen to your Spirit and do what you do.

That's all for tonight. I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment