Saturday, May 27, 2017

Problem Solved + Red Gown + Looking For A Cam + Antonioni's "Le Amiche"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Okay........problem solved! I am of course writing from Chromebook #2 here at Pearl's. I feel like a bit of a dummy because I should have seen the problem right away, but.......well, I'll explain : you see, I never have to sign in to my blog. The window always opens up right where I left it, anytime I turn on either of the two Chromebook. And so, basically I haven't had to sign in to my Blogger account since I started using it in 2013. Maybe once or twice I've had to sign in, but I don't remember when it was. Anyway, because of that, when I had the problem today, I had forgotten entirely that I have two different sign-in emails for Blogger : one for my home computer and one for C-Book #2 here at Pearl's. That's the way it works with Google, which owns Blogger. There is a different doggone sign-in for everything! First I have to sign in to my computer (Google Chrome), and then there is a different sign in for Blogger. And, on top of that, they make you have two separate G-Mail accounts, one for each computer. So it's all very confusing! With Yahoo, I have one email sign-in, no matter where I go. But Google has all this different stuff going on, and while Chromebook is extremely user friendly, God Help You if you get disconnected from anything involving Google. Because then, you are gonna have to remember info from accounts you opened up years ago, that you didn't even know you had.

So that's what happened. For some reason, I was disconnected from my Blogger account here at Pearl's last night. I don't know how it happened; I did not sign out. Anyway, I kept trying to sign back in, but I was using a G-Mail address that does not access my blog. Only my G-Mail address from home can access it, and I didn't even know I had a G-Mail address at home, because I never use it, and I opened the account four years ago when I bought the Chromebook.

But it dawned on me that Google accounts are ultra complicated, unlike the sign-ins of almost anywhere else on the Internet, and then I finally figured out it must have to do with G-Mail, and it did.

When the problem was finally solved I was ready for a round of Primal Scream Therapy, lol.

If I was Google, I would make things about five times more complicated than they already are, and have different sign-ins for Every Single Thing You Can Possibly Think Of, or maybe even Every Single Thing In The Known Universe. Because in my opinion, we don't currently have enough passwords to remember. I, for one, would like more.  :)

At any rate, all is well with the Blog. Hooray!

You photo this morning was very beautiful, incredible color saturation and tones, hi-res detail without looking too "shiny". It looks like another painting, and the Red Gown once again places you inside your own dream. It's gotta be the bargain of the century at only seven bucks! Of course, you can find all kinds of cool stuff at Goodwill and thrift shops in general, and that gown was a major find.

This series of photographs has been absolutely fantastic, and this trip to Porcupine State Park will be one you will always remember.  :)

A special feeling on the trip led to special pics.........and it's always "in the feeling" that we are directed through our lives. Certain things pull us towards something.....and we follow. And we stay in that flow.

I went out to Best Buy to look at cameras today. Did I mention that it is gonna cost at least 100 bucks to fix my sensor on my Lumix? Can't remember if I mentioned it, but probably it will cost even more, like 150, so I figure I will just buy another cam, and keep my Magic Cam (the Lumix), and hope the dust spot falls off the sensor. At Best Buy, though, they didn't have much of an in-store selection. They of course have a Ton Of Cams at Amazon, at great prices, but I am wary of having electronics shipped in a box, because I am not home most of the day, and while I am not worried about theft, I am worried about the way I have seen delivery men toss boxes around. They might not know I have a cam in the box, and might toss it instead of setting it down.........you never know. So, even though the prices online are great, and the selection is great, I am gonna wait until I can find something I like that I can pick up for myself in a store. So it might be a while before I can post new pics. Or I can post pics from my Lumix, and try to hide the dust spot, haha.

Well anyhow, last night I watched an excellent movie : "Le Amiche" by Antonioni. He liked to have a lot of "oni"s in his name. One was not enough. But anyhow, the film had some of the best black and white photography I have ever seen. Antonioni was The Master of Mis-en-scene, i.e. placing objects in the frame, kind of like a window dresser. And he was also the master of composition. Every shot is like a still photograph, only with motion. "Le Amiche" could be seen for photography alone, but it is also a very good story, of several women, most of them close friends, whose lives are affected when one of the friends attempts suicide with an overdose of pills. She recovers, but the friends find out it was the result of a one-sided love affair. The setting is the world of high fashion, as an acquaintance of the friends owns a popular boutique. Antonioni was always interested in themes of love, ennui, and the space between the two, and what motivates people caught in the middle.

I was watching the film, which just came out on dvd from Criterion, and I was thinking, "hmmm, I recognise these people from somewhere". The actors and actresses, I thought I'd seen them in other films. What I didn't remember was that I'd seen the film before, when we did our Antonioni retrospective at CSUN in Spring 2012. That was right around the time I met you! But yeah, I looked it up on my list of Films I've Seen (cause I write everything down), and sure enough, I saw it back then.

But man it's a great film, and Antonioni is one of my top ten directors, and maybe the #1 photographer in film history, at least as far as mise-en-scene and composition. The way he places his actors in a frame and has them move around is.........sheer perfection.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I saw your post about The Sylvee last night. I read her story, and it was pretty amazing, that she and her husband made Madison a tour stop for major artists. So it is great that you guys are getting a new venue in her honor. You will no doubt shoot many shows there!

See you in the morning, SB. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment