Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Great Pics! + Taco Bell Rules + "Phaedra"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Wow, you got some incredible shots at that Chainsmokers concert! All kinds of angles and framing depicting the lights and staging. You also got some really cool lens artifacts on your shots of Delaney Jane, just great great stuff. Here's a quick question that I was wondering : how do you get your camera into shows? Are you getting photo passes? I am assuming so, because your pix were also posted by the production company, so if that is the case, then it is super cool. That would also explain the ability to move around during the show and shoot from different locations. But anyhow - yeah, some of your best shots yet!

I did not know The Chainsmokers, but they must be a fairly big band. The light show looks like one of the major-league ones you would see at perhaps a Radiohead show or something like that. Tool has also had some amazing light shows, and Pink Floyd of course. Rush too. It can really add an extra dimension to a concert. I am glad you got to go, and I hope you get to keep going to A Ton Of Shows (meaning "shows that in the aggregate weigh 2000 lbs.)

I also saw several music related posts, one for Sarah's tour with Drewsif Stalin. Very cool once again. I agree with him about the Taco Bell theory too, except I say, instead of "three days of Taco Bell", try about twenty years of Taco Bell. Maybe closer to 25! I always loved "T. Bell" as we called it; my first job was at the Taco Bell around the corner from my house, and I basically ate there on a regular basis from 1970 until 1995 or so, when I left the Rathburn Avenue house due to quake damage. Now, it is important to note that I did not eat Taco Bell on an every day basis, lol. That's would've definitely changed me, as he says. But I did eat it ongoing for all that time, and I am sure that it helped make me the person I am today!  :)

And I always loved T. Bell Hot Sauce, I would take handfuls of packets (before they started to dole them out to you from behind the counter - boo on that!) and I would just open them up and squeeze 'em straight into my mouth, maybe ten or twelve in a row. Imagine the sodium! Which is why I cannot do it anymore, alas.

But "back in the day", as they say (a cliche which I do not actually like) I could eat whatever I wanted with no ill effects. And I did, haha. And now I eat big salads of dandelion greens and stuff like that, aka The No Fun Diet.

But "it's all good", as they say (another cliche which I especially don't like, because it's such a Dave Matthews Band type thing to say. You know, like if you were at a DMB concert in the 90s, or at Coachella, and you were playing hackysack, you might say "it's all good". And that would bug me.....). But it works here, because everything worked out okay, eating-wise.  :)

Today was busy, taking Pearl to the dentist. Then shopping, and then this eve I went over to Grimsley's to hang out for a bit.

Yesterday was a typical Sunday with good singing in church. Then last night I watched a really unique movie called "Phaedra" (1962), directed by Jules Dassin, who also did my recently reviewed "Thieves' Highway". He also did one of the great "heist" or "caper" films ever made, called "Rififi", which came out in the mid-50s. At any rate, very briefly, "Phaedra" is the story of a wealthy Greek shipping magnate (Raf Vallone) who marries the daughter of his rival, whose shipping empire is even bigger, in hopes of consolidating with him.

However, the new wife - played by the excellent and fiery Melina Mercouri - having been forced into the marriage does not really love Vallone. Instead, she takes designs on his son from a first marriage (Anthony Perkins in a great performance), and the result is a very complex Greek Tragedy.

One thing about Jules Dassin, he sure makes movies that are different from the everyday. He is a craftsman to be sure, and working in the system, so he is not making art films, but what he is doing is subversive, like making a big budget art film. His movies look incredible and feature exotic locations, amazing black and white photography, and themes of alienation that would fit right into an Antonioni movie.

"Phaedra" is equal parts weird, melodramatic in the '60s style, and plot-driven like a Film Noir. Boy is it different. A big thumbs up from me.

Well, that's all for tonight. I am trying to get enough sleep and stay on top of things here at my job. Hopefully a hike by Wednesday or so.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment