Friday, July 14, 2017

Incredible Photograph + Mound Country In The Midwest + "Jason And The Argonauts" + Kobi

Well, SB, that was a stunning photograph you posted this morning! One of your friends mentioned the colors, and that was the first thing I noticed as well. For me, it was the color scheme, the blues, whites and greys, and the way they both contrast and blend into one another. Man, that's one of your best shots ever (which is really saying something!), and not only are the overalls tones beautiful but your composition is Top Notch. I mean - I'm not just saying that. Go back and look at the picture and see for yourself.

You are now The Queen Of The Self-Portrait, taking it to new heights and in new directions.  :)

I am fascinated by my new Peter Levenda book, and in Chapter Two, just begun, he is talking about the Burial Mounds in Ohio and parts of Tennessee. It may be that they pre-date the American Indians, and so there may have been a civilisation in America even before the Indians, which is mindboggling.

Supposedly, there have been skeletons unearthed in some of these mounds that are 8 feet long. Hey SB, have you ever been to Lake Delavan? It looks to be about 80 miles from you on the Google map, and in 1927, some archaeologists dug up 18 really weird (and tall) skeletons in a Mound near the lake. I found that out because after reading the chapter I became fascinated with these mounds (some of which are huge), and I wondered if you had any in Wisconsin. And you do....but have you ever seen them?

I would love to go on a tour of Mound Country (as it is called) in the Midwest.

It's the same deal with those Amazing Cliff Dwellings in (I think) New Mexico. They say that the Anasazi Indians built them........but just take a look at those things.

Nothing against the Anasazi, I have no doubt they were very capable.

But just take a look at those cliff dwellings.

You know they didn't build 'em. Somebody else did. Just like the Egyptians didn't build the Pyramids.

Well anyhow......ahem (clears throat)........if you ever wanna do a Mound Tour, let me know.  :)

Tonight's movie was "Jason And The Argonauts" (1963), the original version with the great Ray Harryhausen special effects. If you remember I recently watched "The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad", which was also a Harryhausen spectacular, made later in 1977. These movies were part of a fantasy/adventure series based on Greek mythology. I think there are five or six movies in all, and while they aren't great art perhaps, they are a lot of fun in the Popcorn Movie sense, and they hold up really well even 50 years later. Every kid remembers seeing these either in the theater, or on TV (that's me) back in the 60s and 70s, and the stories were captivating and the special effects pretty thrilling for the time. The big scene in "Jason" is the final battle between The Argonauts and an Army Of Sword Wielding Skeletons, moving deftly in stop-motion animation. That was a big deal in those days.

A fun movie, nothing more, but also a classic in it's own way. ///

Finally, tonight I'd like to ask you to say a small prayer for Kobi, aka The Kobester, The Doberman Pinscher, et al. He is now 17 and a half, and for the last couple of days he has not been eating much.

Today, when he woke up he was trembling. I am hoping it is because of constipation, which he has suffered from in recent months. I gave him a warm bath and a doggie massage this afternoon to try and ease his discomfort. After that was when he fell asleep, and he remains so now.

At his amazing age, I know he won't be around forever.

But I am just hoping that he will recover from whatever is ailing him, just for now and maybe a while longer, maybe even a good while.

If he is still hurting tomorrow, I will take him to the vet.

So please, if you are so inclined, just say a small prayer for him.

I love him so much, so thanks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment