Saturday, July 1, 2017

Back To Placerita + Hope You Are Okay

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a good day. I went out to Placerita Canyon for the first time in a year. My last trip out there was in June 2016, just a few weeks before that horrible Sand Fire devastated the place. The main trail - called The Canyon Trail - has been closed ever since. That's the 2 mile trail that runs between Placerita and Walker Ranch, where I have hiked and taken so many pictures over the last four years. As you know, Placerita Canyon, and Walker, are two of my most favorite of all the parks and trails I visit. The magic there is palpable; you just can't help but feel it.

Well, as you may have seen if you saw my pics on FB today, there was another fire close to Placerita just last week. It was much smaller than the Sand Fire (which was humongous, one of the worst in California history), but it still did some damage, and when I got to the park I was a little shocked to see that the flames had come right up to the edge of the parking lot. Good thing the firefighters had made a stand there, as they did last year. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a Placerita Canyon Park anymore. I only was able to just walk around the short educational trails they have for schoolkids who go there on field trips, cause all the main trails are closed (and probably will be for a while), but it was so heartening just to go back there for the first time in a year. Man, from 2013 - June 2016 I probably went there at least 8 times a year. "Special" is the word for Placerita.

Well, SB, I don't know if you are reading anymore or not. I hope you are, but I don't see you on FB. I am not the world's most logical guy, but logic tells me that this change can only be attributed to one of three things. 1) You don't read this blog anymore, and thus I am "typing into the wind" so to speak, and your absence on FB has nothing to do with me. Or, 2) You perhaps do read occasionally, but have found me boring (which would be understandable) and you have too much else to do to be on FB and respond to my writing. Or finally, 3) You do still read, but are upset about something.

Of those three, #1 & #3 are the most logical. #2 is not as logical, because you are certainly not the kind of person who would just casually check out of our unique online relationship without saying (posting) something, to the effect of "Hey Adam, sorry but I can't keep doing this anymore. I don't have time, etc". Rather, you are the kind of person, who - if you were tired of doing this, for whatever reason - would most likely say so. That is because you are a nice person, not just some modern day, Trump-world, Internet Zombie. No, you are the SB, the Elizabeth I know, through our unique communication, since 2012.

So only #1 or 3 make logical sense. If it's #1, and you have just simply stopped reading, maybe even a while back, then I have not figured it out because I have a thick skull (which is well known).

And if it's #3, and you are upset about something, I don't know what it is. I know you have many things happening in your life besides just reading what I write, obviously, and perhaps there is something going on that is difficult right now. You mentioned a while back, in a comment to one of your projects ( a video I think), that last year you were having a "quarter-life crisis", based on personal and professional stresses. If it's something like that, believe me I understand. I've been there, in my own way. But for you, I have always said, because being older I can see the road ahead a little clearer, that you are always going to make it in your chosen profession as an overall Artist.

There is Zero Doubt about that. I can see it, I can tell. So even if you are having difficulties that I am not aware of, do not worry. Rough patches come and go, but you are guaranteed to be successful in the long term.

That's really all I know about that aspect. I am sorry I brought up the stuff about the move to Chicago. I won't mention it again. But that's all I can think of about #3 mentioned above. If you are mad at me for some other reason I truly have no idea what it is. All I have done is write blogs. Maybe I said something stupid one time? I hope I didn't. I sure never try to. I try to be encouraging and supportive.

Well anyhow, I will shut up. I just mainly hope everything is okay in your life. It would be great to see you back on FB. I'll just leave it at that.

I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment