Sunday, October 23, 2016

Art Outweighs The Constraints Of Tiny Apartments + Dodgers + "Walking Dead"

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a good Saturday and I'll bet you were out working on a project or simply following your artistic muse in one way or another. I was busy myself, though in the afternoon it was shopping with my sister Vickie, who has been coming over again after not doing so for much of the past several months. We went to the regular market and then to Total Wine for wine tasting (oh boy!). I got back home at about 2pm and decided to finally mount a couple of my drawings that have just been "sitting loose" on shelves or wherever I can put them. Because I live in a Tiny Apartment, and because I have A Ton Of Stuff Inside (mostly books & guitars), I have to constantly Shuffle Stuff Around if I want to, say, get clothes out of a drawer. Gotta move a guitar or two, etc. And books....gotta move books, and I've had loose drawings sometimes sitting on stacks of books. I'm not a pack rat or anything close, it's just that I live in the World's Smallest Apartment and I need a bigger one, like really bad. 

But art is the most important thing, in all it's forms, and so I got some black posterboard a couple days ago to finally mount the loose drawings (ones that had been pulled out of the sketchbook), and today I did that. I mounted three drawings, using Scotch Tape on the backside. One was mounted as a single stand-alone drawing, and the other two were mounted as a "double", side by side on a larger piece of posterboard. I have put several of this year's drawings together as "doubles" because it just seemed like certain ones went together. To mount them, I just eyeball everything. I don't really measure because I don't have patience for detail work, but so far my eye for balance has been pretty good. The only problem is that I have all these double-mounted black posterboard drawings sitting all over my Tiny Apartment, and now I have to move them, too, in order to get cds off my bookshelf or whatever.....

It's a conundrum, but there are worse ones to have. I am being cramped out of my apartment, but at least it's by books, guitars and drawings, lol.

In the early evening I walked over to the CSUN parking structure a block down from my building, the one I use to take sunset photos. I climb the stairs to the top so I have an unobstructed view of the sky and mountains. I knew this evening was gonna be a good one because jets were leaving a lot of trails in the sky. Those usually lead to dramatic sunsets.

After that I listened to the Dodgers choke the final game against the Cubs.

Yeah, sports.......I know. And I bet people are going crazy for the Cubbies up there because they haven't been to a World Series in 70 years and haven't won one in 108!

Good Lordy Moses, Sweet Baby.  :)

If you took my whole life, and doubled yours, that's still not as long as the time since the Cubs last won a Series....

This evening I watched the last couple episodes of "The Walking Dead" Season Six, and so I am finally all caught up with that series and can watch the premier of Season Seven tomorrow night at Pearl's.

Tomorrow I will be back at work, starting with church in the morn. I think I have my bass part down for "Locus Iste". It's pretty simple.

I'll be back after choir practice at about 1pm as usual.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment