Sunday, October 30, 2016

Witch Is Witch + Gotta Have My Charlie Brown + Tirade About Conformity

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I like your Witch costume! You nailed the look, and I really dig those black boots you are wearing. I don't know if you got those specifically for the costume or if you had them already, but if you did have them, then you also have some serious punk rock cred....  :)

You make a beautiful Witch (great make-up & hat), and the background of the photo is just right for the Halloween effect. I am assuming you went to a Halloween party either tonight or last night, and so I hope you had a blast. It was nice to have you back on FB today. I know you've been busy.

I had a nice walk at Aliso Canyon this afternoon. The sky was overcast with thick clouds which gave the place a Sleepy Hollow look. The Fall vibe at Aliso is quite different from the Summer vibe, and we do have a Fall season in Southern California. It just takes a while to kick in, and it usually starts right about now.

I also drove to Granada Hills Library, because they had one of the few available copies of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" in the whole library system, and I had to have it! Yes, it has been repeatedly demonstrated that I'm an overgrown kid and I admit it, haha. But I've got to have my Great Pumpkin at Halloweentime, and I'm glad I found an available copy because most of 'em have been checked out, no doubt by other Overgrown Kids. I didn't watch it yet; I will wait till Halloween night......

I saw two posts today, one via Steve about a new video on Sunday morning. I know you've been busy working on your own video, and I don't know if that post was meant to reference that you are ready to release it, but I guess I will soon see.  :)

The other post was about liking mainstream stuff, or more specifically feeling okay about liking mainstream stuff. I could go off on a tirade here, but I'll try not to (though I may be unsuccessful).

I like Mainstream Stuff. I also like Esoteric Stuff. I like All Kinds Of Stuff, and the only thing I don't like, and never have ever since I was old enough to recognize it, is being "told" what I should like, or being "directed" to what I should like, or whatever you want to call it.

That's why there are Hipsters in the world, Sweet Baby. Because they are people who have no idea what they actually like as individuals, or if they do they suppress it (out of various fears), and instead they simply subscribe to What They Are Supposed To Like.

Whatever is Hip at any moment is what they like. And of course What Is Hip almost always sucks.

I am off on a tangent because this isn't specifically what the post was about. The gal (I think it was a female) mentioned something about having "authentic" experiences, or rather not wanting to have to have them all the time. I don't know the current terminology, so I am not sure what an "authentic experience" is, but I would guess it is Something Hip.

People think they have to always follow. Follow what is Supposed To Be Done.

For me, I couldn't do that if I tried. Seriously.

It just isn't in me.

Here's just a few examples.

I try to eat well, but I don't hate fast food or fast food restaurants. I used to eat at them on a regular basis until I hit my late 40s. Then I basically stopped, just because I wanna keep my health. But the Hip Thing is to say, "Man, I hate McDonald's"! McDonald's is as mainstream as it gets. I do not hate McDonald's. I always liked it. I just don't eat there much anymore cause I'm closing in on 60 and I wanna live to be 100 and stay in good shape doing so.

Another example : Oh man, I'm a LIberal! I hate Republicans!

I am not a Liberal (just a registered Democrat), and I don't hate Republicans. I don't hate anybody, but if I followed what I am Supposed To Do, I would hate Republicans as a knee-jerk reaction.

Same with religion : "Oh man, I hate religion"!

A blanket statement usually, without any thought behind it. Now, I realise that some people have had horrible experiences with some forms of so-called religion and hate it from personal experience. But I am talking about people who make a general statement about it in that way.

The same with music, or movies, or any kind of art.

If you like one thing, you aren't supposed to like another.

If I like Art House movies, I'm not supposed to like Hollywood movies. But I do.

If I like reading unusual, obscure books, I'm not supposed to like reading horror.

Good Lordy, Sweet Baby : I'm not supposed to like certain Chick Flicks or Journey songs. But I do.

So, because I have been through all of that (i.e. not giving a hoot what people think) I encourage you to keep doing the same. Just be yourself, and never ever be anything else.

However, I hope you will draw the line at Adam Sandler movies and rap music.

I know you will.

And Schwarzanegger movies, too. And movies with Danny DeVito.

We've gotta stand up for something, SB.    :)

So, that's all I know for tonight. Tomorrow is church and choir, so I will be awake and then back here at the usual times, and then tomorrow night I am gonna go see Alice Cooper in Hollywood at the Pantages Theater, but it starts early, at 8pm, so I should be back here at Pearl's by the usual time. And before that, I'll be around in the afternoon and early evening.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment